• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Error report] Consolidated errors for doc-watson42

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:02 am Reply with quote
The title of Shitai wo Arau: The Animation (OAV) (肢体を洗う THE ANIMATION) should be "Shitai o Arau: The Animation".

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:52 am Reply with quote
(Since I can't find a non-North American license thread...)

Jii Tōsaku: Kōkishin (OAV) and Reijou Caster ~Ingyaku no Wana~ (OAV) are both distributed by Japan Home Video; proof and proof (click the cover image thumbnails for larger images, and change the "english" in the URLs to "japan" to switch to the Japanese product pages).

[Fixed]—I hadn't realized that I could now do this myself.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:39 am Reply with quote
The title Shimai Tsuma ~Shimai Tsuma 3~ (OAV) should be romanized "Shimaizuma ~Shimai Tsuma 3~", per the furigana for the original game. Proof: specs at the official site, and the Getchu.com series link.

[Fixed]
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote
The second DVD release of Love is the Number of Keys (OAV) is incorrect—NuTech Digital was sued out of the hentai business well before 2008. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

[Fixed]

Also, the title of (NSFW) Shownoid Makoto-chan (OAV) is incorrect. The furigana for the kanji in "ショーヨノイド真琴ちゃん" are "まこっ" (click the cover image thumbnail), which I interpret to mean that the alternate title's spelling "Makocchan" is more correct, with "Makotchan" being most correct. Or is the sokuon tripping me up?

[Still pending]?

Lastly, I posted the above errors here (as opposed to in their own threads, as requested by Dan) to draw attention to this thread, as many errors from years past are still not corrected. I've gone through all of my posts, and marked them either "[Still pending]" or "[Fixed]" as appropriate.

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:28 am Reply with quote
The title of anime #9324 (不純異性交遊 ~大切な君へ~) should read Fujun Isei Kōyū: Taisetsu na Kimi e, not Fujun Isei Kōyū: Taisetsu na Kimi o (proof 1, proof 2; color added for emphasis).

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
The error came from the original source page (although the cover image beside it clearly reads へ...)
If you add the correct title as an alternate I can promote it.

I'll have to take a look through this thread and see if there's anything outstanding that I have the ability to correct.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
The error came from the original source page (although the cover image beside it clearly reads へ...)
If you add the correct title as an alternate I can promote it.

Done—thanks! Very Happy
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:32 pm Reply with quote
That one's fixed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
That one's fixed.

Thanks again!

IMHO the most important errors are generally the ones with incorrect titles—e.g., Ride of the Valkyrie. I'd be glad to help in any way I can to get these fixed.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Add'l. "kanji" name needed for Teruaki Murakami

Originally posted: Sun 23 May 2010 23:03 pm

Teruaki Murakami (#14352), the (in)famous hentai director and animator, apparently started his career using the name "村上 てるあき" (e.g., MeiKingepisode 1 official site), but switched also to (or at least, also uses) "むらかみ てるあき" (e.g., Endless Serenadeofficial site). Since I entered the kanji names, I can easily change the family name, but I need someone to enter the second one as an "also known as".

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
OLady

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Simple proofing error on Anime Network entry. Although Valkyrie Media may be ADV's new name, I don't remember at the moment, if ownership transferred to Valkyrie, the network cannot be owned and operated by ADV.

Not high priority. Just thought you should know.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
OLady wrote:
Simple proofing error on Anime Network entry. Although Valkyrie Media may be ADV's new name, I don't remember at the moment, if ownership transferred to Valkyrie, the network cannot be owned and operated by ADV.

Link: The Anime Network (company #1144).

According to the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts, there are four companies registered in Texas with the string "Anime Network" in their names ([Texas] Taxable Entity Search):

ANIME NETWORK INC 32012245042 [Right to Transact Business in Texas: FRANCHISE TAX ENDED]
ANIME NETWORK LLC 32069666645 [Right to Transact Business in Texas: ACTIVE]
ANIME NETWORK MOBILE, LLC 32033737514 [Right to Transact Business in Texas: FRANCHISE TAX ENDED]
ANIME NETWORK, INC. 32008657481 [Right to Transact Business in Texas: ACTIVE]

Unfortunately, ownership is not part of the information, but the Texas Secretary of State requires $1.00 per search for on-line access to their information.

Here is the announcement: "ADV Films Shuts Down, Parent Transfers Assets to Other Companies (Update 4)".

See:

Texas Taxpayer Number: 17604402226 (A.D. Vision)

VALKYRIE MEDIA GROUP, INC 32067584204 [Right to Transact Business in Texas: ACTIVE]
VALKYRIE MEDIA PARTNERS, LLC 32039611283 [Right to Transact Business in Texas: ACTIVE]

[Edit: Updated post.]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote
The title of Yama Hime no Sane (anime #8732) should be romanized "Yama Hime no Mi" (or "Yamahime no Mi", or "Yama-hime no Mi"), per the hiragana on the top page of the first episode's Web site ("やまひめ(あけび)のみ").

(The hiragana "subtitle" apparently refers to Akebia: see here ("yamahime no hana").)

[Fixed]

Last edited by doc-watson42 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
386sky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote
The title of Mythigal Detective Loki Ragnarok in Pimpanime.com should read Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok by an Pimpanime administrator.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:35 pm Reply with quote
doc-watson42 wrote:
The title of Yama Hime no Sane (anime #8732) should be romanized "Yama Hime no Mi" (or "Yamahime no Mi", or "Yama-hime no Mi"), per the hiragana on the top page of the first episode's Web site ("やまひめ(あけび)のみ").

Done.

386sky wrote:
The title of Mythigal Detective Loki Ragnarok in Pimpanime.com should read Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok by an Pimpanime administrator.

And what does Pimpanime.com have anything to do with ANN?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10