• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iron Maw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 5The most suspicious one of this episode has been Nachetanya, her ability of controlling blades means she could have done it. She has also shown some weird actions like her sudden "fainting" spell, and her destructive freak-out last episode. Actually makes me think she might be in some way being controlled. Either she is not fully aware she is the fake, or I am sticking with my running theory. Goldov spent some time alone with her, he might have done something to manipulate her, which could have been why she found herself losing control and fainting.

You need to place your hand on the dais, shake the sword and say incantation to activate the barrier. Even Nachetania could teleport her somewhere inside she couldn't see, there no way she could have performed the other steps.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
What would M. Night Shyamalan do Question
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Reveal that everyone was a fake set up from different contingency plans?
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

Reveal that the fiend are actually human in disguise. And then start sprinkler.

Just one last note, we also don't know what mountain and swamp saints power are. For all we know they could have use them to get in and out of the temple.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Mm, this was an interesting episode. It looks like almost everyone doesn't trust Adelt and Hans again shows how clever he is with the facts he uses against him. It also looks like for the first time that Fremy is interested in knowing more about Adelt.

I think the episode revealed some bits of his past which is interesting; doesn't look very pleasant though.

Quite a development anyways. That Fremy ED theme song is nice too. Pacing felt a bit slower this week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping Flamie would be more willing to defend Adlet (yeah, I ship that) but I suppose at this point it's natural to suspect him. At least she's not convinced enough to hand down the death sentence and is willing to hear him out.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure if the question of how someone other than Adlet got in is supposed to be just something for them to figure out, or if we're supposed to be stumped by it too. Because it's pretty obvious when it had to have happened, despite Adlet's testimony that the barrier went up as soon as he opened the door.

That's not what happened. He had his back to the door while fighting the guardian armor, as well as standing horrified as the "priestess" turned into a fiend and ran off. Only then did he see the fog beginning to form, turn around, and finally enter the temple. Plenty of time for someone else to enter.

I didn't quite track how he came up with an 8th person involved. But for me the question is less how did they get in than how did they get out.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
That's not what happened. He had his back to the door while fighting the guardian armor, as well as standing horrified as the "priestess" turned into a fiend and ran off. Only then did he see the fog beginning to form, turn around, and finally enter the temple. Plenty of time for someone else to enter.

I'm thinking the same. Maybe Adlet don't consider it because he's confident he'd be able to tell if some one was behind him. But we all know that sneaking in and out of places undetected is Hans's specialty.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
As the episode title suggested, Adlet failed to find a theory to convince the others he isn't the traitor they're looking for.

Facts we learnt this episode:

1. Main door or bust. Digging a hole and coming through another way is not possible so Adlet definitely was the first one to go in since the armours attacked him. It is possible for someone to have opened the door before Adlet and then closed it after him, but he couldn't confirm anyone was on the inside since guardians attacked him straight away.
2. The barrier was put up by the previous sage who died 4 years ago.
3. If one of the six braves dies, the sigils of the others will lose a petal to reflect this. Hans doesn't know about this, but that could apply to the others bar Mora.
4. Adlet's childhood makes it extremely unlikely/ virtually impossible he's the traitor.
5. Adlet's hypothesis of an 8th person cannot be proved or disproved at this time, he still has to evade the 5 other pursuers and persuade Fremy of his innocence before he can proceed with his investigation.

My bet is on Mora or Hans. The former held the key to the temple and could conceivably have unlocked the door and closed it after her before Adlet could get in while the latter is the only person skilled enough to sneak around undetected and take advantage of Adlet's fight with the guardian armours and his distraction by the disguised beast.

It looks like the ED song and animation for each episode might change to give each of the characters the spotlight since Fremy got it this week with Nashyatanya featuring in the last episode.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Reveal that everyone was a fake set up from different contingency plans?

it IS something he would do, but when time came for the reveal it would be very sloppy.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
As the episode title suggested, Adlet failed to find a theory to convince the others he isn't the traitor they're looking for.

Facts we learnt this episode:

1. Main door or bust. Digging a hole and coming through another way is not possible so Adlet definitely was the first one to go in since the armours attacked him. It is possible for someone to have opened the door before Adlet and then closed it after him, but he couldn't confirm anyone was on the inside since guardians attacked him straight away.

It *is* possible. It's possible if someone dug most of the way in and then waited until Adlet destroyed the seal, then went the rest of the way. The problem with that is what happened to the hole afterwords.
Quote:
2. The barrier was put up by the previous sage who died 4 years ago.

Maura seems to know more about this than I expected. Hmm...
Quote:
3. If one of the six braves dies, the sigils of the others will lose a petal to reflect this. Hans doesn't know about this, but that could apply to the others bar Mora.
4. Adlet's childhood makes it extremely unlikely/ virtually impossible he's the traitor.

I already had taken him off my list. That scene just reinforced my decision to do so.
Quote:
5. Adlet's hypothesis of an 8th person cannot be proved or disproved at this time, he still has to evade the 5 other pursuers and persuade Fremy of his innocence before he can proceed with his investigation.

I think Fremy *wants* to be persuaded, and she's rejecting his ideas because she knows they wouldn't convince the others, so that in the long run they wouldn't help Adlet. She's aware, I'm sure, that Adlet could have killed hear earlier, and didn't.
Quote:
My bet is on Mora or Hans. The former held the key to the temple and could conceivably have unlocked the door and closed it after her before Adlet could get in while the latter is the only person skilled enough to sneak around undetected and take advantage of Adlet's fight with the guardian armours and his distraction by the disguised beast.

They could be working in tandem. Also, what happened to the "fiend" that was outside of the temple, the one that Swamp Girl *said* she killed... the one that shouldn't have been able to be where it was and distracted Adlet, drawing him further away from the entrance of the temple?

Also, we don't know exactly how everyone's powers work. Hans isn't a Saint; he's a ninja, and while he's skilled at skulking around, he can't do magic, so we can at least ball-park what his abilities are (this is true of Goldov as well), but we haven't seen Swamp Girl or Maura use their skills yet, nor do we know if, like Fremy, they can use them in unexpectedly useful ways. I'm pretty certain that whoever is on Team Bad Guys, one of them is a Saint. Maybe Swamp Girl was the "fiend" and can somehow use her powers to change her appearance while her cohort (maybe Maura or Cat Boy) went in while Adlet's back was turned? In this scenario, I am inclined to think Maura went in and activated the seal.

Also, Maura knows both Princess and Swamp Girl because she's in charge of all (known) Saints. I also wouldn't put it past the Princess to be working with someone, though I have to say that after this episode, she's become less suspicious to me... or rather, others are becoming *more* suspicious relative to her. The only one who hasn't really moved around on my suspicion list is Cat Boy and the Princess: Goldov moved up a bit, and so did Swamp Girl, but Maura is now almost level with Princess at the top of my list.

I think we still don't have enough information about the others to work out what happened yet, but the bits of information are starting to come together, especially if there is more than one traitor in the group, which seems increasingly likely to me.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Well, cat dude does respond with "oh, crap, I'm busted" when mountain chick says "that's enough" (the translation doesn't show it, but it's the same line one would use when, say, catching someone in the act of a crime) before he puts on his normal face again, but it could just be from habit due to his job.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I always prefer mysteries where all the evidence is presented to the audience to allow them to work on the solution along with the characters. It feels like most other mysteries I've seen lately (like Ranpo Kitan) are the type where some master detective already knows the answer due to info only he is privy to.

In some pervy news, the first doujinshi has surfaced. It's Adlet/Nachetanya, though.
meiam

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:24 pm Reply with quote
It really does seems like the answer will be someone sneaked in when Adlet had his back turned, but that's going to be pretty disappointing. His back was turned for only a very short amount of time, the area around the temple is all open and in broad daylight. I suppose this is a fantasy setting so someone could just be insanely fast, but... yeah disappointing.

The bigger question to that is how they got out, they could have hid in the temple and then just sneaked out when Adlet got in to examine the mechanism, but again highly unlikely. The temple is very well lit and very small and Adlet is a well trained fighters who should have pretty good eyesight.

I suppose the sequence of event is the one that make the most sense, I just wish it was a more natural answer I guess.

On another note, pretty sure Goldov did what he did to help Adlet (because that's what the princess wanted). Oh and Han just threw his dagger at Adlet back while he was carrying Flemie and Han had just been blinded (i.e. he's damn lucky he got Adlet and not Flemie), not sure if that's something were suppose to notice or ignore.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:38 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:

It *is* possible. It's possible if someone dug most of the way in and then waited until Adlet destroyed the seal, then went the rest of the way. The problem with that is what happened to the hole afterwords.

Maura seems to know more about this than I expected. Hmm...

I already had taken him off my list. That scene just reinforced my decision to do so.

I think Fremy *wants* to be persuaded, and she's rejecting his ideas because she knows they wouldn't convince the others, so that in the long run they wouldn't help Adlet. She's aware, I'm sure, that Adlet could have killed her earlier, and didn't.

They could be working in tandem. Also, what happened to the "fiend" that was outside of the temple, the one that Swamp Girl *said* she killed... the one that shouldn't have been able to be where it was and distracted Adlet, drawing him further away from the entrance of the temple?

Also, we don't know exactly how everyone's powers work. Hans isn't a Saint; he's a ninja, and while he's skilled at skulking around, he can't do magic, so we can at least ball-park what his abilities are (this is true of Goldov as well), but we haven't seen Swamp Girl or Maura use their skills yet, nor do we know if, like Fremy, they can use them in unexpectedly useful ways. I'm pretty certain that whoever is on Team Bad Guys, one of them is a Saint. Maybe Swamp Girl was the "fiend" and can somehow use her powers to change her appearance while her cohort (maybe Maura or Cat Boy) went in while Adlet's back was turned? In this scenario, I am inclined to think Maura went in and activated the seal.

Also, Maura knows both Princess and Swamp Girl because she's in charge of all (known) Saints. I also wouldn't put it past the Princess to be working with someone, though I have to say that after this episode, she's become less suspicious to me... or rather, others are becoming *more* suspicious relative to her. The only one who hasn't really moved around on my suspicion list is Cat Boy and the Princess: Goldov moved up a bit, and so did Swamp Girl, but Maura is now almost level with Princess at the top of my list.

I think we still don't have enough information about the others to work out what happened yet, but the bits of information are starting to come together, especially if there is more than one traitor in the group, which seems increasingly likely to me.

1. Mora (assuming she's not lying) said the seal works for the entire building, not just for the front door. She used the analogy of a letter in an envelope to illustrate the point that if the barrier was easily circumvented via a hole, then it wouldn't have been much use as a barrier since monsters would have found out about the loophole ages ago. If it's an issue of timing, then the true culprit must have been aware of Adlet's movements AND had been in position to take advantage of the few seconds Adlet lost focus during the armour distraction.

2. The armours attacked the first intruder into the temple, so any secondary intruders could have sneaked in while Adlet was distracted. This of course might well apply to someone coming in through the floor or ceiling.

3. Hans was the one who explained to the others that the barrier was put up by the preceding sage, not the present one who is currently too inexperienced to perform a similar seal. Maura confirmed Hans' testimony; but that doesn't matter if she was genuine or fake (as the overseer of all known Sages she would obviously be well aware of the barrier Sages since she possessed the key to the temple)

4. I find it very unlikely for TWO of the party of seven to be in league with each other and acting as double agents. The goddess sage who bestows the sigils isn't doing this for the first time so why would she bestow her gift to someone who would betray the cause later?

5. Sages can only be female, this is common knowledge for the people in this world setting and was explained by Adlet 2 or 3 weeks back. Chamo's powers are explained by Fremy who had fought her in the past, plus Fremy has no reason to lie to Adlet at that juncture.

6. After all the evidence painting Adlet as black as possible, isn't it weird that Chamo is still fixated with going after Fremy? Going by a child's instinct, the whole train of thought seems to lack something to convince Chamo of Adlet's guilt.

7. When Adlet takes off with Fremy, he slings her over his shoulder. Hans tossed his knife shortly after the worst of the flash bomb had passed, so as long as he aimed low chances are he would hit Adlet. Being experienced with killing people, the odds he would have missed were quite small.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 21