• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Muv-Luv: Schwarzesmarken (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sure, but it looks like there won't be an episode next week. From the looks of the age website there'll be a recap episode on Saturday and Sunday will be some sort of special (which I imagine will be some voice actors talking about the show like TE had).
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

At this moment, it seems most likely that Lise is a spy. I was kind of unsure of it until one thing, Lise kind of makes up with the two smaller girls who say that they will try and believe her, but then she goes and complains to Theodor that they don't trust her. Up till now it looked like she could have been misunderstood, but she clearly showed signs of manipulation here out of trying to get people to feel sorry for her and find out information. Sylvia, the girl who has been kind of scary up till now in a way that kind of had me thinking she might be a spy, actually seems to have been the first to see Lise openly try and manipulate them had has rightfully acted.

I had the thought that Axmann was bringing attention to it purposely to remove suspicion, but there seems more to it. It seems likely that Lise sold herself to the Stasi to protect Theodor, but it makes no sense that Axmann would give them this possible theory if she was one of his. Instead Lise seems to have been sent by the other Stasi faction, probably not only to find out spies but to infiltrate Axmann if he got the 666 to help him, only he saw through it accelerated the suspicion of her.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
He has Katia. Sweet Katia. The fool's not allowed to fall for Iris! Razz

Welcome aboard the S.S. KatixTheo Ship. Enjoy your stay. Razz

Whoa whoa WHOA, Lise....

Did you just spoiler[ask your brother to bed you!?]

I'm betting he's going to say no. Squick.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Pretty intense episode, tons of action all around and I have to say, this was probably the bloodiest one of the season so far. Sigh...that ending didn't surprise me much. Lise was suspicious from the start and she turns out to be what some of the others thought of after all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Wow. 666th sure kicks ass! Interesting that Theodor slept with Lise in order to try and manipulate her. Guess that didn't work out. And it seems that Theodor has indeed fallen for Iris. Fool of a took. So... who is gonna die in this coup?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess Theo gets an A for effort, but we all know not to stick your dick in crazy.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Well, I guess Theo gets an A for effort, but we all know not to stick your dick in crazy.

How could Theodor resist, he must of heard "crazy girls are even crazier in the bed".
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Apparently in the Light Novel he does refuse Lise's advances because he's too smitten with Iris. But the anime has skipped over most of the Iris flags so he didn't have enough affection points to resist.

Normally I'd be pretty bothered by such developments, but we're not dealing with typical anime school kids here.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
"If I am always with her, I can control her."
You do realise that the same may work the other way right? That you are not you may not see the whole truth. God! Did no one listen to Sylvia in the way she saw Lise act? Her desperate act to make Theodore sleep with her actually worked.

Oh, and the action was pretty intense this episode, pretty thrilling stuff. Thought for a moment one of the team was going to die from the heavy.

Also, I am guessing that perhaps at the time that Axmann is doing his coupe, the other half of the Stassi is doing it too.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
"If I am always with her, I can control her."
You do realise that the same may work the other way right? That you are not you may not see the whole truth. God! Did no one listen to Sylvia in the way she saw Lise act? Her desperate act to make Theodore sleep with her actually worked.

He knew she was trying to use him, but he probably figured since he knew he could avoid it. But if she knew that he knew and he didn't know that she knew that he knew...

In the end he wanted to believe in her and Irisdina should have probably call him out on that, but she chose to trust his judgment.

But I think his real screw up was talking highly of another woman to his yandere sister/girlfriend.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Well.

This episode shocked me twice. Good for you, Schwarzemarken. You had me 85% convinced that Lise was innocent.

Just to clarify.....they're ADOPTED siblings, right?

Right?

Poor Katia. Sad I think the only way she can win this is if Iris dies.

Knowing this show though, I think that possibility is strong.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Just to clarify.....they're ADOPTED siblings, right?

Well Lise's dad was apparently a distant relative of Theodor's mom so they're related to a degree. Probably not to an illegal degree.

Chiibi wrote:
Poor Katia. Sad I think the only way she can win this is if Iris dies.

Knowing this show though, I think that possibility is strong.

Of course the possibility of Katia dying too is also there...

Going in we all had to realise it probably wasn't going to end well for anyone.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

Well Lise's dad was apparently a distant relative of Theodor's mom so they're related to a degree. Probably not to an illegal degree.

That's.......all right then.

Still can't support Lise ship....but I doubt most people would. Anime hyper

NU, MISUZU CLONE MUST NOT DIE. SHE IS TOO CUTE. D:

.....hey wait.....Iris, Katia, and Lise?

I think whoever created these characters must have a blonde fetish. Anime hyper
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

You know what they say: You can't spell RAGE without age.

But other than Theodor, yeah, Katia has the best chance of survival.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Well, I caught up on episode 7 today. Really enjoying how they give details of the BETA as they fight. Details such as the thick skin of the Heavy Laser class and the power of their lasers compared to a regular Laser class is awesome stuff. I do have a bit of a complaint about how the fight went down. It seemed like the Fortress class just stood there and did nothing. But, the real highlight of the episode was the ending. What a heartbreaking revelation even if I knew how they set up Lise. I wanted Lise to be innocent but I can't live with that delusion. It must be even worse for Theodor.

And now, episode 8.

Well, I don't really have much to say. They establish which side of the Stasi Lise belongs to but one thing that has been lacking in the development of Breatrix as a character. Though to be fair, she hasn't had much screen time anyways.

While I sort of dislike Lise after this episode, she still has my sympathy. She's being pit against Theodor now and I can only see a tragic ending for them. They're on opposite sides of the issue and I feel bad for seeing them be put against each other -- I think she definitely cares about Theodor hence why she's doing what she has to but her face during Pham's interrogation. . . that sort of spooked me. Despite what Pham said, Lise's face gave a look of "no turning back."

I'm pretty excited for the rest of the episodes. The show's pacing has been a bit fast but given that this is one cour, it's to be expected. I've heard they cut out the "romancey" stuff and while I would have been pleased to see that, the show has been great so far.

Chiibi wrote:

It took me two weeks to process this but you mean Misuzu from Air, right?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10