• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Fuuka

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:35 am Reply with quote
Call me crazy, but I liked Fuuka. The anime is definitely cliche and lacks a solid story, but it was fun to watch and root for the three leads. I give this show a B- grade.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:35 pm Reply with quote
It certainly isn't a very ambitious or unpredictable story, but I liked it. It felt good when Fuuka and Yuu got together, though up till that point I was half expecting Yuu to get run over by a car. I think it was a nice enough ending and I don't disagree with them going in a different direction than the source, which sounded like the bad kind of unpredictable.
TheOtakuX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I very much enjoyed the show. And I'm very happy with how the show turned out, though from what I've seen, most people seem to have preferred Koyuki over Fuuka, which I disagree with, so it was nice to see her win in the end. And I'm glad the spoilers I accidentally read about the manga didn't come to pass in the anime.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Sighs. Well, I'm giving Fuuka a F. She should've died like she was destined to. Evil or Very Mad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I rated this Not Very Good. For most of it's run it was just kind of a bland romance. But when a show can't make me care that the couple gets together in the end, that's a problem. Koyuki 4-eva because at least she demonstrated her feelings for the bland MC as opposed to Fukka who spent most of the show not even realizing she had them and when she did, promptly screwed over everyone in the band who SHE had strong-armed into participating in the first place to satisfy her recently discovered passion for music. Blech.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Box quote:
I can at least say that Fuuka was a show that existed. -- Gabriella Ekens, Anime News Network
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Very good review, I agree completely. I'm also curious how this reviewer would've approached Gundam IBO, particularly because of her statement that it would've been more interesting for her to write about a show that tries something ambitious yet ends up becoming a dumpster fire at the end.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Tsuruhami wrote:
Animechic420 wrote:
zensunni wrote:
I do agree that Mikasa's story line deserves more play (I felt that about the manga as well) but it is also kind of prototypical. It is simple really. He is the scion of a rich family and he should be studying business, not wasting his time with music. spoiler[What the anime totally glossed over so far is the fact that his father also expects him to marry the girl he picks out for him and stop this foolish "being gay" rebellious thing. So, basically, his father wants him to be ENTIRELY someone he isn't.]

Perhaps that will be covered in the next couple of episodes spoiler[as the band breaks up and he no longer has a reason to go against his father's wishes other than his own well being, and he weighs that against never being able to be part of his sister's life because of being disowned by his father...]

Is Mikasa even spoiler[gay] at all??? I don't see him with spoiler[any boys]. Confused

Well... wikia and MAL stated that he's spoiler[gay]. Many reviewer also said so.

Well... He states it himself in the anime. He also talks about going out on dates with guys in various episodes. (I see no reason to put that in spoilers. It was in the show and the show's over.) For some reason, they chose to take out a couple of lines by his father and Mikasa himself during the period when the band is broken up indicating that he is spoiler[planning on going through with the arranged marriage his father planned for him]. I really wondered why, given the fact that they kept the rest of the character intact, they chose to soften what the blow that bending to his father's will really meant...

Really, it was one of the things that I liked about the manga. I never expected to see a story line like that taken seriously in a shounen manga. (Not that there aren't plenty of times that Mikasa's sexuality is used for laughs in Fuuka. That is the main purpose of having him there.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7