• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Library War.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 am Reply with quote
I did like the way it ended as well. This was a nice quiet series without all the OMG hype, and I hope Nozomi picks this up in the future.

I haven't read the novels, so I wonder if they continue on much further than the anime? Like, is there potential for a second season, or is that it? I have to admit though, it did end at a good place, and I would be satisfied if that was all that was made.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
I just had the chance to catch the last two episodes, and was very pleased with them. I already liked the series, not least for its basic premise of information freedom as "the side of the angels" -- but the final two episodes really pulled it all together for me. I found myself deeply moved by the skillfully-executed spoiler[use of the chamomile flower motif to support the strong-against-adversity library forces. While I am less optimistic about this sort of thing in the real world, I was also moved to see, in this fictional story, a deep divide between the grass roots (the people who responded to Kasahara's speech on TV), who really wanted information freedom, and the Establishment, who saw information freedom as a threat to their entrenched privileges. I wish this were more true.]

Overall, I think the last two episodes moved the series up a notch in my esteem.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:08 am Reply with quote
Sorry for the zombification, but just a heads up that a DVD only special is now available for any fans of the series who might be interested.

I really liked it a lot it deals with some more interesting issues of censorship in reguards to reading material as well as has some romance for spoiler[Komaki.] It was an interesting mix of sobering and uplifting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7