• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight. Too New or just hard to find?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying this thread. I just thought of something, and I hope I don't get in trouble for asking, but is there a way to petition to get Vampire Knight licensed? With a dub, preferably. I just sent a letter to Shojo Beat to ask if Viz is planning on it, but other than that, what can be done?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't think there's really anything to be done, except for buying the manga to show that there is a demand for more Vampire Knight. Unless Viz knows that, they aren't going to be swayed by someone sending in an email, they need money figures to support it.

That said, I would be more surprised if Vampire Knight doesn't get licensed than if it does. I expect that Viz would get it, unless they were outbid. They do tend to like to have the anime equivalents of their manga line (though they also apparently tend to have not the best record when releasing titles that aren't as hot as Naruto).
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
Sorry to double-post, but this thread had been pushed back a few pages.

Anyway, I am so enjoying the recent stuff with spoiler[Maria/Shizuka]. I especially am enjoying how they have changed the opening credits to reflect the current storyline (even if I do miss the Zero offering Yuuki his hand sequence).

And now we've finally introduced one of the most confusing characters, spoiler[Ichiru. He's a hard one to get a handle on. Obviously he felt very alienated from his family, but it seems extreme to just allow them to be killed. Of course, he probably didn't really have much of a choice, either let it happen or be killed with them, nothing was going to stop Shizuka at that point. He's a very strange guy, to say the least].

I'm a bit disappointed that the first season is about to come to an end. This is my favourite of the shows I'm currently watching and I'm going to miss it greatly in the few months that it's off the air. But at least October isn't that far away.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Just read Chapter 41. Yuuki is finally bad-ass!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7