• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Scientific Railgun (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Febri, I'm going to assume that she has some sort of power that is similar to spoiler[Misaka Mikoto involving electricity judging by the operation of that robot (with what appears to look like a hair sample from the test tube like object)]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:14 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Imma assume Febri is an AIM burst field given the form of a little girl, and could possibly be a remnant of the AIM burst field she had "killed" in the first season (this would account to why she coward in the presence of Misaka when first learning her identity), the Candy she licks of course stabilizes Febri's condition, as for the robots moving it could be some sort of manipulated form of telekinesis based on the joints of the robots in the area.]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
It's not that I don't like this arc, but damn, did they really have to come up with one that has so many parallels to the Sisters Arc? Once again, we have a bunch of slimy scientists (granted, student ones this time) who are conducting experiments on Level 5s and once again Misaka is in the position of protecting a "little sister" who isn't spoiler[human.]

Oh well, at least the friends are involved this time.

I always like to imagine that Misaka's friends won't let her go alone this time around. I actually kind of missed that "girl friendship power" aspect at the expense of the manga readers. Laughing

Though I am curious how did spoiler[Shinobu] get roped into this? Did those guys like spoiler[bust her out of ITEM's grasp and gave her an offer she can't refuse?]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Is this an anime original arc? I don't remember seeing Febri in the manga after the sister arc. I'm enjoying all the cute moments, but I'm missing the action and desperation :/
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
yes, this entire arc is anime orginal
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

I always like to imagine that Misaka's friends won't let her go alone this time around. I actually kind of missed that "girl friendship power" aspect at the expense of the manga readers. Laughing

Though I am curious how did spoiler[Shinobu] get roped into this? Did those guys like spoiler[bust her out of ITEM's grasp and gave her an offer she can't refuse?]

Precisely.

spoiler[The fastest way to get stuck in the dark side of Academy City is to get caught by the dark side. They tend to put you to work while holding something you treasure hostage. Seriously, people need to pay attention to the Accelerator episodes towards the end of Index II and/or read the bloody novels. Razz]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Is this an anime original arc? I don't remember seeing Febri in the manga after the sister arc. I'm enjoying all the cute moments, but I'm missing the action and desperation :/

It is original.

One of the most important parts besides Febri imo is in the reappearance of spoiler[Shinobu]. I am VERY curious her role in this arc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
Seriously, people need to pay attention to the Accelerator episodes towards the end of Index II and/or read the bloody novels. Razz

Where can I watch a legal stream of Index II? I don't recall there being a Region I DVD release either.

I got volume I of the manga so far, but are the novels in English too?
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21 is truly a dark episode.

spoiler[Febri is an artificial human but because of the way she was made, her body secretes poison which her lolipops she licks are actually neutralizing it.

Mikoto decides to ask her friends for help who agree despite warnings that they are facing the underworld of Academy City. STUDY tries to cover up anything related to them so Febri will die but Yomikawa gives Mikoto a capsule containing a strand of hair from the mech that attack her.

Heaven's Canceler reveals the hair is actually from Febri's older sister but with the lolipops she has, Febri has 72 hours to live. To save Febri and find the people who created her, Heaven's Canceler arranges Mikoto to meet the one perosn who has connection with the underworld, the Big Bad of the 1st season of Railgun, Therestina!]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
An OK episode, I suppose. A lot of unnecessary fluff in it, but some fans didn't seem to like when the story got too dark, so it's to be expected. I always enjoy seeing Mikoto interact with her clones. I'm dying to see some sort of work (anime, manga, or light novel) where she spends time with all her clones at once lol like taking them out for a day or something. This, of course, would also HAVE to include Last Order and Misaka Worst(s) to complete the set Smile Her mothers reaction to having so many "daughters" would be funny as well.

Seeing ITEM in the previews has me looking forward to next episode. Although, judging from their (lack of) clothing, it'll probably just be a very short appearance :p
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Well there's some one I never expected to see again.

And lol at Heaven Canceller acting like he couldn't just fix everything. When your name is Heaven Canceller...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21
The episode felt a bit slow and I had to skim a little. Eh, so we find out that spoiler[purpose of the lolipop as it acts as a device to keep Febri's poison from going out of control. Now, that was something I didn't actually expect.]

Eh, nice to see Shinobu actually say something this time I guess.spoiler[ "My utermost".] Seems like Misaka needs help to make sure Febri stays safe....

Next week looks fun though. I see spoiler[ITEM in swimsuits] Wink
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm in the same boat as preview Mikoto. I know that I watched the first season, but about 2% of the plot actually stuck, so I have no idea who this person is, or which crazy experiment she was responsible for.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
She was the final boss of season 1.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 21

Way to go Kongou for spoiler[unknowingly lecturing Mikoto on letting friends help], which actually pushed Mikoto intospoiler[ asking everyone]. With a short timeframe there is no time to waste, and using the entire cast is preferable. And spoiler[Shinobu talked, we got some confirmation as Nunotaba is indeed her surname], I thought maybe she was the spoiler[elder sister], but since the spoiler[hair belongs to the supposed sister] we don't know. I wonder if she spoiler[released Febri in the hope Mikoto would notice and step in, and is keeping up act to do something from her position].

And Mikoto with one of her sisters, it is always gold with both of them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 66 of 72