• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Steins;Gate's Kurisu Makise Gets 1/3-Scale Figure

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:20 am Reply with quote
It's still rude. I can be halfway in conversation with someone else in a thread, and then when I come back I have to LOOK for the thread (which can be even pushed back to another page) because of ten or more old threads dug up.

You seem to think that airing whatever trivial opinion you have more important than anyone else's.

Also, you're delusional if you think that I'm upset about just this thread. You were knocking up threads where the last update was in APRIL.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:
You seem to think that airing whatever trivial opinion you have more important than anyone else's.

Resorting to insults, huh. Pity.

Pro-tip #1: Ctrl-F works. Use it.

Pro-tip #2: I am just as entitled to air my opinion as you are entitled to air yours. I am not stopping you from posting, nor am I inconveniencing you except only very slightly (a few more seconds to find a thread; not a huge deal).

I am almost caught up and then will not do this again, so just bear with it, okay?

dandelion_rose wrote:
Also, you're delusional if you think that I'm upset about just this thread. You were knocking up threads where the last update was in APRIL.

Funny, because the last time I was active was in April. Wonder if the two are related?

April was only two months ago, it isn't like I'm dragging up threads from the grave.

And I did not think it was just about this thread, so I don't know where you got that "delusional" business from.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:40 am Reply with quote
You said two months is a long time, and now you say 'only April'.

Quite frankly, I've made my point. Someone else has mentioned that they were irritated at what you are doing, and I'm pretty sure others who are irritated are simply too polite to say something. I'll leave the rest to the moderators; it's up to them to think if it's okay for people to go back two months and flood the forum with resurrected threads, and for everyone to do it.

I hope your real life social interaction is better than this.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:44 am Reply with quote
dandelion_rose wrote:

Two months is a long time in that a lot of threads were made in that time. But it has only been two months, not two years.

I've been nothing but polite to you and you continue with the insults. And you're the one who reported me. Strange that.
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:01 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
dandelion_rose wrote:

Two months is a long time in that a lot of threads were made in that time. But it has only been two months, not two years.

I've been nothing but polite to you and you continue with the insults. And you're the one who reported me. Strange that.

I haven't reported you. I simply voiced out what others are likely to just be too polite to say, and because you ignored other times when people who had issues with you tried to say something politely.

(As for the alleged personal insults, if you read what I say properly, they're not insults.)

Since you offered me a pro tip on how to use CTRL F (coincidentally, I surf with a cell phone), here's a pro tip on social interaction -- when people think you are being rude and inconsiderate, being defensive about it usually reaffirms their opinion.

Anyway, I'm done. Like I said, if the mods think that flooding resurrected threads two months old is fine for everyone to do, it's their opinion.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 am Reply with quote
Alright, knock it off! You know what's ruder than anything mentioned so far? Turning this thread in to off-topic bickering.

Like it or not, this thread was inactive for a whole week, which hardly constitutes necroposting. Heck, two months doesn't even really constitute a necropost either. If other threads are being necroposted for no particular reason then report them; because I have to tell you, so far this is the only thread that I have seen reported for this and the last post before the reported post was just a week ago. Plus, let's be honest, if any other user had posted the exact same thing in the thread then nobody would have even cared.

If you have concerns regarding how necroposts are assessed then feel free to bring the topic up in the ANN Feedback forum, but turning this thread in to bickering about the topic is far worse than any necropost so knock it off. Either discuss the matter in the ANN Feedback forum or with the admins, or take it to private channels.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dandelion_rose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:

If you have concerns regarding how necroposts are assessed then feel free to bring the topic up in the ANN Feedback forum, but turning this thread in to bickering about the topic is far worse than any necropost so knock it off. Either discuss the matter in the ANN Feedback forum or with the admins, or take it to private channels.

Thank you for this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2