• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Owarimonogatari Anime Adapts 3rd Novel Volume in Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:42 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I hope this is the last anime adaptation of Monogatari and that it wraps up things nicely. Don't give me wrong, I really like this franchise, but the story is long enough. Also, I rather not keep spending money on those pricey AoA sets.

Isn't Zoku still getting adapted? Or is this part of the Zoku "final season"? I've been incredibly confused about this series novels ever since the first Owari came out. I'm with you on wanting it to end though. Monogatari is my baby, I've been following it since mid-2014 religiously, I've bought all of it, and I love it to death! But I want it to conclude and I want to move on at some point with a satisfying conclusion. It's monogatari, so a satisfying conclusion is pretty subjective, I guess, but I don't want it to peter out just because they don't want to let their cash cow go. I hate that to happen for any anime, but for one of my all time favorites, that hurts even more. Just give me all of Zaregoto and more things like March. SHAFT can do it!
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
The 'Final Season' consists of Tsukimonogatari, Koyomimonogatari, 3 volumes of Owarimonogatari, and Zoku-Owarimonogatari

We've gotten Tsuki as an OVA, Koyomi as that weird thing with 12 short episodes on 144p, and 2 volumes of Owari on the first season. This new season is only announcing the three stories in the last volume of Owari, not the story in Zoku-Owari.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2