• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lerche Comiket Goods Includes Ranpo Kitan Hugging Pillow

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chex mix

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Only in anime fandom do you get shit on and accused of being the one with the sexual deviancy problem for being opposed to pedophilia, incest, and/or tentacle rape. Never change, anime fandom. Also, please seek therapy.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
chex mix wrote:
Only in anime fandom do you get shit on and accused of being the one with the sexual deviancy problem for being opposed to pedophilia, incest, and/or tentacle rape. Never change, anime fandom. Also, please seek therapy.

It's one thing for someone to dislike those things you mentioned it's another thing to essentially tell people they should be ashamed for liking those things or that those things should be banned especially in works of fiction......eventhough there's little reason to justify doing such a thing.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:44 pm Reply with quote
chex mix wrote:

Is there anyone on here who has suggested that any of those things are remotely okay? That's a pretty severe charge. I thought this was a discussion on the censoring of fiction. Rolling Eyes
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:24 pm Reply with quote
That's the problem with these discussions. Instead of focusing on the more glaring disgustingness of these horrifically trashy pillows, they always turn to censorship, which is so much easier to argue against and allow an empty sense of victory to people who like this sewage (I often think it's a reason it's brought up in the first place).

There's something inherently twisted and disturbing about people who enjoy this filth. That there are enough customers to even warrant the existence of it makes me cringe and feel remorse for Japan's increasingly depraved otaku scene. Just nasty and pathetic all around.
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
It's a freaking pillow. A pillow with a mostly clothed cross-dressing boy. The fact that these Social Justice Warriors' first reaction is to assume that anyone interested in something like that is a disgusting pedophile who wants to have sex with children is an extremely baseless assumption and seriously insulting.
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay, it seems the discussion has run its course. We're going in circles for something that's been veering off-topic. Let the debate die now. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I really want that Gakkou Gurashi book... It's turning out to be a phenomenal show. Hopefully it'll be available on second-hand bookstores like Mandarake.

Kikaioh wrote:
That's the problem with these discussions. Instead of focusing on the more glaring disgustingness of these horrifically trashy pillows, they always turn to censorship, which is so much easier to argue against and allow an empty sense of victory to people who like this sewage (I often think it's a reason it's brought up in the first place).

There's something inherently twisted and disturbing about people who enjoy this filth. That there are enough customers to even warrant the existence of it makes me cringe and feel remorse for Japan's increasingly depraved otaku scene. Just nasty and pathetic all around.

Not going to continue the debate but... Wow. Talk about hyperbole and close-mindedness. Let's not use logic and reason and let's argue with our emotions. Not only do you completely disregard the importance of arguing against censorship, you insult everyone who enjoys stuff like this. Bravo. We've been nothing but civil regarding this issue and I'll just let your language speak for your character.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
Not going to continue the debate but... Wow. Talk about hyperbole and close-mindedness. Let's not use logic and reason and let's argue with our emotions. Not only do you completely disregard the importance of arguing against censorship, you insult everyone who enjoys stuff like this. Bravo. We've been nothing but civil regarding this issue and I'll just let your language speak for your character.

There's nothing to argue. I'm expressing my opinion about these pillows and the community that buys them. I find the pillows disgusting and the community that buys them {Enough is enough. ~nobahn}. I'm utterly civil in expressing my disgust at the existence of this {Let's keep what willag said in mind, shall we? ~nobahn}.

This article has nothing to do with censorship so it shouldn't even be discussed anyways, as it's often a topic brought up for the fact that it's easier for people who like these pillows to debate, than to try and defend a twisted fetish. In any case, I'm not here to debate censorship, people's fetishes or the existence of these pillows: I'm here to state my disgust for them and the fans that buy them. Just gross.
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:44 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:
There's nothing to argue. I'm expressing my opinion about these pillows and the community that buys them. I find the pillows disgusting and the community that buys them reprehensible. I'm utterly civil in expressing my disgust at the existence of this smut.

This article has nothing to do with censorship so it shouldn't even be discussed anyways, as it's often a topic brought up for the fact that it's easier for people who like these pillows to debate, than to try and defend a twisted fetish. In any case, I'm not here to debate censorship, people's fetishes or the existence of these pillows: I'm here to state my disgust for them and the fans that buy them. Just gross.

Labeling people as gross, reprehensible, and disgusting when you don't even know them all for simply buying such material hardly counts as being civil. And that, in MY opinion, makes welps like you just as equally disgusting, revolting, vile, reprehensible, gross, and appalling. What someone decides to partake in behind closed doors is none of your business. I'd love to buy this pillow if only to piss people like you off.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:16 am Reply with quote
The otaku are angry Very Happy EVERYONE RUN!!
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
Kikaioh wrote:

You want a discussion between people who are okay with it and people like you who are on the extreme side of the spectrum and think its utterly disgusting? What exactly is it that you hope to discuss? Aside from circlejerking about how disgusting you think it is. And if you just want to state your opinion, why keep coming back?

On a sidenote, its the people who dislike it who always bring up that it should be banned.
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
Labeling people as gross, reprehensible, and disgusting when you don't even know them all for simply buying such material hardly counts as being civil. And that, in MY opinion, makes welps like you just as equally disgusting, revolting, vile, reprehensible, gross, and appalling. What someone decides to partake in behind closed doors is none of your business. I'd love to buy this pillow if only to piss people like you off.

No, I never called the people who buy these pillows gross or disgusting. I said I felt there was something twisted and disturbing about people who enjoy them, and that I found the community itself reprehensible. The pillows are what I think are gross, disgusting, revolting, etc. Your desire to buy the pillow more doesn't make me angry, it makes me feel bad for you. The pillows themselves, gross as they are, are an innocuous if repulsive form of expression. It's the salaciously perverse motivations that drive their existence (a sexual fetish for imaginary children) that I find disturbing and gross. I'm being polite in communicating my utter disgust at your hobby --- that you take people's opinion of your hobby so personally is something I would think you'd have gotten past by now. Either way, I hope you'll stay true to your convictions and support my freedom of expression, lest we start policing people for their thoughts. Also, whether or not it's my business is besides the point. The existence of these pillows are the subject of this article and this forum thread. If ANN didn't want for this to be discussed, they wouldn't have posted it in the first place (unless they were thinking that everyone was going to like and be positive about them, though I imagine they fully support detracting opinions, or at least expected them).

Rederoin wrote:
You want a discussion between people who are okay with it and people like you who are on the extreme side of the spectrum and think its utterly disgusting? What exactly is it that you hope to discuss? Aside from circlejerking about how disgusting you think it is. And if you just want to state your opinion, why keep coming back?

On a sidenote, its the people who dislike it who always bring up that it should be banned.

As far as my disgust for these pillows, I wasn't looking for a deep back-and-forth discussion really, I just wanted to voice my opinion about them as people often do on these forums. It's amongst my first times on these forums really expressing myself about them, so I don't believe the issue is soapboxing. If people weren't continuing to comment on my disgust for the pillows, I wouldn't feel the need to reiterate and clarify my point. I think you'll also find that the issue of censorship was first brought up in this thread by someone who likes these pillows (Actar's first post).
Errinundra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
People have made their positions clear. willag has already indicated that the debate should cease. Any further diversions into the paedophilia/censorship morass face deletion.

Insinuating another poster is a paedophile or describing someone whose opinion differs from your own as "extreme" isn't acceptable on these forums.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5