• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Anime's English Dub to Premiere on US TV Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinoyfreestyler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Honoka-chan and #Awesomesauce for the win =)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Foxaika wrote:
Zoneflare wrote:
I wanna watch the first episode dubbed. Maybe NIS can put it on their youtube channel for those who dont get the channel or have cable. However I will be sticking to subs for this series since I already have watched it subbed a couple times and own both the first season and movie subbed. Just way too use to the voices now to make a full on switch. Might buy the standard version in the future though since it does have a uniform BD case.

This is pretty much the boat I am in. I'd like to hear the dub though, see how it is.

NISA does eventually puts their dubbed shows on Crunchyroll like Toradora though it's exclusively for Premium members. I'd imagine they'll follow the same suit for Love Live in the future.
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:29 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Dubbed idol anime... Just doesn't seem right at all.

And it's quite amusing that NISA, by official statement, wants to retain the authenticity of the series by keeping the songs in Japanese. Hearing someone speak English and then break out in Japanese singing doesn't exactly feel authentic Laughing.

I think that it would be better to keep the language of the song in Japanese, to avoid the series from losing its shine like One Piece, Initial D and Yu Gi Oh, where they were heavily edited. Very Happy Very Happy
GEO9875

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:14 am Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:

And it's quite amusing that NISA, by official statement, wants to retain the authenticity of the series by keeping the songs in Japanese. Hearing someone speak English and then break out in Japanese singing doesn't exactly feel authentic Laughing.
Yeah i totally agree, it feels so off putting hearing characters change the language they are speaking all the sudden, atleast give us the dub fans the pleasure to enjoy the songs in our language while the sub fans can enjoy theirs.... a shame really... Embarassed
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:

Yeah i totally agree, it feels so off putting hearing characters change the language they are speaking all the sudden, atleast give us the dub fans the pleasure to enjoy the songs in our language while the sub fans can enjoy theirs.... a shame really... Embarassed

Well, the last time I saw this case was when I watch My Neighbor Totoro, where the Original theme was translated into English as well... Very Happy
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
...atleast give us the dub fans the pleasure to enjoy the songs in our language while the sub fans can enjoy theirs.... a shame really... Embarassed

But as long as the Japanese music companies keep doling out draconian licensing contracts and exorbitant licensing fees, dubbed songs in any anime show are never going to happen. Sad
zeopower6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
The channel owners are not doing a good job of making this accessible :/ They announced it on their social media but there is no listing for it on any of the schedules or guides on Time Warner and you cannot DVR the channel at all for some reason. I guess this must be a result of waiting until the air date to announce it, but even next week's schedule lacks anything involving Love Live, instead showing "Show Me The Money" for an hour.
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:16 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
GEO9875 wrote:
...atleast give us the dub fans the pleasure to enjoy the songs in our language while the sub fans can enjoy theirs.... a shame really... Embarassed

But as long as the Japanese music companies keep doling out draconian licensing contracts and exorbitant licensing fees, dubbed songs in any anime show are never going to happen. Sad

All of yours' ideas may sound great, but I thought of it otherwise. I believe that the original taste of the anime may diminished if the song was dubbed as well. Shocked
GEO9875

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
GEO9875 wrote:

Yeah..... Crying or Very sad i mean, some anime got their songs dubbed, like that episode in Space Dandy.. but yeah... what a blow.

Hongqilim wrote:
All of yours' ideas may sound great, but I thought of it otherwise. I believe that the original taste of the anime may diminished if the song was dubbed as well. Shocked

Well, thats why theres always dual audio in dvds, blurays... we can all have the version we want Razz Ill say if anyone would think that dubbing the songs will take away something then they got the sub version just for them. Smile

[Edit]: removed unnecessary nested quotes. Please read the quoting guidelines. Errinundra.
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
^
Well, yeah you have a point there. Smile

[Edit]: ditto. Errinundra.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Sad I don't get MNet America. But I did order the season 1 release with the dub as well as season 2 so I can just wait till those arrive in the mail. Really didn't expect this to get on TV, even if it's a more obscure channel.

at least NISA is giving this the toradora treatment and releasing it with an English dub which they very rarely do unlike the half assed treatment they did with Card Captor Sakura by just using plastering the animax asia dub version for those releases.

Hell they could have use the animax asia English dub version of love live to be used instead in order to be cheap. At least its not the worse case scenario, they could have did what sentai did for shirobako and just give it the sub only treatment.

and they definitely shelved out the cash for this cast considering they have both miss Menendez (SAO's Yuki) & miss Glass who is usually a funi VA in it, which is safe to say its being dubbed by studiopolis or the same studio that is doing the viz media dub version of SM & SM Crystal , and that is a good thing since the dub version is gonna be in good hands. though will this musical / slice of life series be as good as the dub version of K-ON!? that remains to be seen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
Hell they could have use the animax asia English dub version of love live to be used instead in order to be cheap.

Last time I checked, Animax never picked up Love Live.
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
jr240483 wrote:
Hell they could have use the animax asia English dub version of love live to be used instead in order to be cheap.

Instead it was Aniplus, but only available in Singapore.
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

Plus even if they did, I doubt it would be cheap since aside from CCS, we never really see Animax dubs included in R1 releases, even for titles that got sub-only releases here.
Hongqilim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:49 am Reply with quote
May I ask a question here? The English Dub Cast is out, but it wasn't in the [http://nisamerica.com/anime/love-live-school-idol-project NIS America website] or the [http://nisamerica.com/lovelive/ Official Site]. Can anyone tell me why? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6