• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
$@!&% things not arriving within a reasonable time

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:34 am Reply with quote
So I ordered several items from Amazon, and two in particular that were ordered IN THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER haven't arrived yet and are the last two I'm waiting on. Tomorrow (today, if you're in EST or other time zones where it's the AM technically) is the last delivery estimate date. Supposedly the items have been shipped but if they do not arrive, I am within my rights to request a refund, yes? Just making sure before the sellers get ticked at me and say "BUT I SHIPPED TEH ITEMS LIKE TWO BILLION YEARZ AGO WAIT A BIT LONGER NEWB"
Hannish Lightning

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:49 am Reply with quote
They probably shipped it out using standard mail which takes up to 21 business days.
TheTheory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Contact the seller and say "I haven't received this yet, what's up?"

Most responsible sellers will, if they have multiple copies, ship out another one or refund you. If you don't hear from the seller, then you can go directly to Amazon for the refund.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shorty22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Many sellers would like to be contacted, so they can attempt to fix the problem/issue. Some however, do not. Personally, it never hurts to message them and if they don't help you satisfactorily, then you're open to leave the feedback you want and take steps to get your money back.

Never, ever, EVER, no matter what excuse/reason, let due dates for filing complaints pass by, because then you could get stuck with no money, no item, no feedback opportunity and no recourse to do anything about it. (<--- still sore 'bout recent bad experience at ebay)
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:16 pm Reply with quote
It's the busy holiday season coupled with lay-offs, I'm betting.
Brians9824

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention weather delays backing up mail service.

You have plenty of time to file a complaint if the item is recieved but i'll bet they were a few days late in shipping with holiday madness.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quote
Well, if they shipped it out in a timely manner using the shipping method that was mentioned then it's really no fault of theirs if that shipping method didn't deliver the package in a timely manner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quote
Contact the sellers and let them know the items haven't arrived, see if they can tell you excactly when they shipped and the method used (so you can figure out just how late they are.) Most sellers will be happy to work with you to either find your item or get a refund.

If they refuse to help, or don't answer (try at least twice, give 2-3 days for a reply each time), then yes, you'd be fine to contact amazon about a refund. Just try to give your sellers the benifit of the doubt first.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:07 am Reply with quote
Most responsible sellers will probably give you a straight answer or refund your money. But whatever you do, do not let weeks go by without contacting the seller. You could end up with no refund, no item or recouse other than not buying from that person again.

This has happened to me and despite contacting the person, I was still unable to get a refund.
indrik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Well, if they shipped it out in a timely manner using the shipping method that was mentioned then it's really no fault of theirs if that shipping method didn't deliver the package in a timely manner.

This is true, but wouldn't the shipper have to file a complaint if the package goes missing?
Ayhoser

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote
The weather has delayed a lot of shipping. I know locally(Seattle area) it got backed up because mail carriers couldn't safely do there jobs.

As a seller on ebay, I've made it manditory for all my items to include a tracking number. This way the buyer always knows where the package is and can even get reserch done through the Post Office in case it is lost or delayed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1