• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tomoe Tamiyasu, Hikaru Midorikawa Star in Little Busters! Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:06 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
opn wrote:
and since the director supposedly said that there would be rewrites to the story (again can't tell since google translate is crap) im fully expecting them to shove out all the drama in it,turn it in a slice of life baseball anime and suck out anything that made LB good in the first place assuming that this news is true though.

If it is true, well, it is a total disappointment. The story is already perfect as it is (even though, of course need to be adjusted slightly for anime storyline).

The reason I like Clannad anime so much is that it is almost real accurate to the VN. It pretty much covers the entire VN, even the extra baseball route which actually I didn't aware that it exist before watching Clannad AS.

If the story is totally rewritten, make another anime, don't make adaptions.

yep and it is why im still hoping that in some way those photos were photoshopped which seems feasible since it would of made sense to show a key visual art as well instead of use the standard art from the vn and since if that was real then the angel beats news that was supposed to be revealed in the same mag should of been leaked as well.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
yep and it is why im still hoping that in some way those photos were photoshopped which seems feasible since it would of made sense to show a key visual art as well instead of use the standard art from the vn and since if that was real then the angel beats news that was supposed to be revealed in the same mag should of been leaked as well.

Nice point about having the standard art from the VN for the announcement page. I think it is pretty silly too. Every fans will demand art done by the studio to make sure of the quality.
It could be, really, just a bored person who took shopped picture from the VN, add some bodytext and print it and claiming that he took picture from the official magazine, starting a hoax. If this is true, then people here are raging for nothing but hoax.

Or, perhaps the announcement is real, but the studio hasn't prepared anything for preview (which makes me more disheartened) so they use the picture from VN.

Anyway I found this, the cover of the awaited magazine full of announcement.

RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Aw yeah, dat Kud fanservice.

Well, if JC Staff makes it focus on Kud more (since she's the most popular girl), I wouldn't complain too much.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:28 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
opn wrote:

Nice point about having the standard art from the VN for the announcement page. I think it is pretty silly too. Every fans will demand art done by the studio to make sure of the quality.
It could be, really, just a bored person who took shopped picture from the VN, add some bodytext and print it and claiming that he took picture from the official magazine, starting a hoax. If this is true, then people here are raging for nothing but hoax.

Or, perhaps the announcement is real, but the studio hasn't prepared anything for preview (which makes me more disheartened) so they use the picture from VN.

Anyway I found this, the cover of the awaited magazine full of announcement.

pic

yeah and looking at the pic of rin and komari it doesnt kind look like its photoshopped since rins other half of the face isnt even shown and it just kinda looks awkward that is supposed to be for a profesional mag of course maybe thats just me hoping that this isnt true but even if i ignore the photo theres still the strange lack of a leak for the AB announcment since there was supposed to be one for the same mag and issue so the more i think about this the more im starting to think that the photo was photoshoped to make people go crazy over nothing.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:41 pm Reply with quote
A ha. I found the image used for the announcement page.

http://www.animepaper.net/art/105070

Unlike the illustration on the cover, this illustration is old and has been published in Gs before. Perhaps, my first hypothesis could be true.

So, it is not confirmed that JC will make this, if it is true that it is all shopped.

Oddly enough, I found the anime studio information in English wikipedia, but not in Japanese wikipedia. Don't believe everything you see in internet, I guess.

Last edited by shiranehito on Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
A ha. I found the image used for the announcement page.
pic

Unlike the illustration on the cover, this illustration is old and has been published in Gs before. Perhaps, my first hypothesis could be true.

So, it is not confirmed that JC will make this, if it is true that it is all shopped.

Oddly enough, I found the anime studio information in English wikipedia, but not in Japanese wikipedia. Don't believe everything you see in internet, I guess.

lol i guiess that and coupled with the fact that the AB news hasn't been leaked then this might just be photoshoped since i really doubt key or dengeki would just use a photo that was already use in a mag and even rins face looked cropped in the mag though i guess it looks like i fell for it if it really was photoshopped (which kinda seems much more likely now) since i got all mad and upset Razz. plus even the staff looks just thought up of at the last second since all of the staff members have done comedys and LB is supposed to be a drama with comedy elements.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:06 pm Reply with quote
OK, now you guys are just grasping at straws if you think some nerd went "LOL, I show those anime fans", and photoshopped JC Staff names onto a picture of a press release.

Seriously, a company turns out one or two stinkers and everybody acts like there'll be having bonfires over the source material. I'm sure JC Staff has had just as many good adaptations as bad, that you guys are glossing over.

Last edited by LUNI_TUNZ on Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
OK, now you guys are just grasping at straws if you think some nerd went "LOL, I show those anime fans", and photoshopped JC Staff names onto a picture of a press release.

It actually makes a lot of sense, just seeing the outrage. /a/ had a 500 post topic in 30 minutes calling for Keys head for giving it to JC Staff, and MAL has had their busiest news topic in months for this news (nearly 300 posts so far).

It would be worth the LOLs for someone to do this, for sure.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:15 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:

It actually makes a lot of sense, just seeing the outrage. /a/ had a 500 post topic in 30 minutes calling for Keys head for giving it to JC Staff, and MAL has had their busiest news topic in months for this news (nearly 300 posts so far).

It would be worth the LOLs for someone to do this, for sure.

plus a similer thing happened before when someone showed a photoshopped pic of a listing for four PSP vita games (which were TOIR,a GTA game,monster hunter 3,FF type - 0 and one other game that escapes me) none of which have been announced to coming stateside yet so its not that uncommon for someone to troll for the LOL's plus why not just go ahead and leak the supposed new announcment for angel beats which was supposed to come out in the exact same issue that alone is what had me curious.
@luni the main thing that has me curious is why just leak LB? why not also leak the AB news while your at it? if you already have the mag why not just leak that too?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
Seriously, a company turns out one or two stinkers and everybody acts like there'll be having bonfires over the source material. I'm sure JC Staff has had just as many good adaptations as bad, that you guys are glossing over.

JC Staff has done some of my higher favorites, like Azumanga Daioh, Mahoraba, Toradora, and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. They have lots of great credits for anime production. This is a pretty highly-anticipated property, so I wouldn't think Warner, if they are producing this, would skimp on the budget for it.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
@Luni
It is not like I absolutely hate the idea that JC is doing it. Personally I like JC even though Tsukihime wasn't exactly satisfying. I am just analyzing the possibility. Even if it is such a small and silly hope, it is something I can hold onto.

@opn
I thought there are some rumors that there will be two projects of AB!, which one is second season anime and the other one is VN with Maeda as the scriptwriter. But there is no pic from the magazine, unlike this problem we are dealing with here. Instead, the rumor started from tweets on Flaming June (and Dengeki Gs) twitter page.

Seriously, I am totally confused now.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
@Luni
It is not like I absolutely hate the idea that JC is doing it. Personally I like JC even though Tsukihime wasn't exactly satisfying. I am just analyzing the possibility. Even if it is such a small and silly hope, it is something I can hold onto.

@opn
I thought there are some rumors that there will be two projects of AB!, which one is second season anime and the other one is VN with Maeda as the scriptwriter. But there is no pic from the magazine, unlike this problem we are dealing with here. Instead, the rumor started from tweets on Flaming June (and Dengeki Gs) twitter page.

Seriously, I am totally confused now.

yeah one of the two projects the one jun isnt involved with was supposed to have been revealed in the same issue of the mag so thats why im curious as to why there has been no leak for that while for LB there was with a pic no less.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh, yeah. One thing I forgot to mention.

They dont reveal the voice casts in the mag?
Beside the studio, I am also highly interested in Riki's voice actor, so why? They dont even put the names that are already on the site?

Yep, looks shopped enough.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Oh, yeah. One thing I forgot to mention.

They don't reveal the voice casts in the mag?
Beside the studio, I am also highly interested in Riki's voice actor, so why? They don't even put the names that are already on the site?

Yep, looks shopped enough.

i dont think there was any need too put it on there since its already on the site and all...though they could of revealed when it was projected to air since baba said not so in the distant future which means they already have an idea when its airing and they could of revealed the voice actors for some of the other characters like saya and sasami.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:52 pm Reply with quote
The possibility of it being shooped is probably why ANN hasn't had an article about it, too. Its major news but seeing JC Staff doing it (who has essentially been blacklisted from VN adaptions since Tsukihime, since IIRC they haven't done a single one since) doing one of the biggest VNs of the last decade just doesn't make sense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6