• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! episodes 8-12 streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kohii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Really liked this show. Hina and Raika were my favorite characters. I thought Sako was a little funny (creepy funny), but if I ever saw someone like him IRL, I'd call the cops on him right away.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
Having read the review I do agree with what was written though I do not mind the objectionable content. I felt the last half of the series was stronger than the first half though both are good the heavier amounts of drama not done in a heavy handed way. I am looking forward to buying this once Sentai brings it out, if only I wished it was getting a BD release instead of just a DVD only release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I enjoyed this show when I watched it on Crunchyroll.

Even the side characters ended up being really well rounded and well portrayed. I wish this was getting a blu ray release because I will no longer purchase dvds. I've already done my bit by paying CR for streaming so I don't feel guilty.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:41 am Reply with quote
Great review by Theron. I was so pleased it didn't wallow in the fanservice the opening hinted at. I would love to see more episodes produced. Hopefully Sentai will add the OVA when they put out the series on disc.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Great review by Theron. I was so pleased it didn't wallow in the fanservice the opening hinted at. I would love to see more episodes produced.
For what it's worth, the Japanese discs, aside from the single-episode volume 1, have three episodes a piece. Seems to corroborate Crunchyroll's 26 episode claim. Hopefully it'll be a summer title.
Quote:
Hopefully Sentai will add the OVA when they put out the series on disc.
Aren't unaired episodes always included?
Key

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Quote:

Not always. According to a Sentai rep I spoke to at a 'con last year, it all depends on whether or not the OVA episode is included in the signed contract, as sometimes those OVAs get made and released after the American company already has started the production process for the U.S. release. That was the case with Samurai Girls last year, for instance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:53 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
njprogfan wrote:
Great review by Theron. I was so pleased it didn't wallow in the fanservice the opening hinted at. I would love to see more episodes produced.
For what it's worth, the Japanese discs, aside from the single-episode volume 1, have three episodes a piece. Seems to corroborate Crunchyroll's 26 episode claim. Hopefully it'll be a summer title.
Quote:

From Sentai its hit and miss. Now if a good company, like Aniplex or NISA had picked it up, we'd have gotten the OVA episode for certain.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:13 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Polycell wrote:
Quote:

Not always. According to a Sentai rep I spoke to at a 'con last year, it all depends on whether or not the OVA episode is included in the signed contract, as sometimes those OVAs get made and released after the American company already has started the production process for the U.S. release. That was the case with Samurai Girls last year, for instance.

Sometimes OVAs and shorts aren't available to be licensed at all. For instance, TBS won't license out the K-On! shorts. Sometimes the OVAs can be extremely overpriced for the length and licensing them is unviable.

You also have the issue of manga bundled OVAs which often have different members on the production committee and are quite difficult too license. Often they can't be licensed on their own or they are unavailable altogether.
_Archer_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this anime, but I'm surprised it got a B+ overall. Nice review!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I've noticed the OVAs that aren't included tend to be the ones that come with manga volumes... the OVA for Papakiki is in the 5th anime BD volume, so it should be there when Sentai releases it.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:

As far as OVA's for their licenses are concerned, the one I really hope doesn't get skipped is the one for Ikoku Meiro no Croisée. It's a fantastic episode scripted and storyboarded by Satou Jun'ichi.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the score the review was given, I would of given a B+ also. Now, can't wait for the OVA and I'm hoping for a season 2 in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Polycell wrote:
Quote:

If you mean the six-part OVA "Blushing Maidens in the Pact" of Samurai Girls, those ARE included in Sentai's BD release.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am Reply with quote
[quote="Kohii"]
Key wrote:
If you mean the six-part OVA "Blushing Maidens in the Pact" of Samurai Girls, those ARE included in Sentai's BD release.

That wasn't what I was referring to, and I did know those were included, but I'm not finding any other reference to a SG full OVA episode. Hmmm; maybe I'm getting my titles mixed up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Meygaera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 pm Reply with quote
"Regrettably, the artwork pieces at the end of each episode are not always so tame."

LOL

At the end of the one of the later episodes...

"Wow that was a really good epis-OH MY GAWD IS THAT MIU?"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1