• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeathNote_L

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I want to watch this but i can't find a good site! I know i can probly go on youtube but it is so annoying i have to wait for ages and get told off by my sister for going on youtube. So dose anyone know a good site to watch it on Confused
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
I honestly think that episode 2 should of aired as the pilot episode rather than episode 1. Well, it was funny to see Yuuko trolling again as well as their way of meeting in the past.

Also, I only took notice of this now but the way Yuuko seems to be singing the OP song is something that I found interesting, an unique way of doing an OP song for this series. In fact, the OP song is actually my favorite so far from the Spring Lineup.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
DeathNote_L wrote:
I want to watch this but i can't find a good site! I know i can probly go on youtube but it is so annoying i have to wait for ages and get told off by my sister for going on youtube. So dose anyone know a good site to watch it on Confused

I would never advise simply googleing the name of the series with the words "episode 1" to find a streaming site, as that would be like recomending fansubs, which against the rueles. *wink* Ow a hair got in my eye. *wink* *wink* That was more hair.

Don't think I mentioned the singing in the ED, but I too thought of it as a nice touch.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:09 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Don't think I mentioned the singing in the ED, but I too thought of it as a nice touch.

That actually reminds now. A friend of mine told me to watch the ED as I skipped it awhile ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:14 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I honestly think that episode 2 should of aired as the pilot episode rather than episode 1.

Mega-agree.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Mega-agree.

Blame Haruhi. They made it cool to do screw with the sequence so now everybody has to do it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
No doubt. However, spoiler[The Divergence of Eve] did it even before Haruhi. I certainly never would claim, however, that that series popularized the conceit.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
They normally do that thing so that people will get hooked on the guts of the show straight away, and then give us a backstory so we don't feel left out. Really I enjoyed how episode 1 was done that I don't think doing the bacl story first would have been the way to go, I think the demonstration of seeing two different points of view was a good introduction.

I seem to remember Rental Magica did something too, but was more muddled up.
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
it's nice to see a show that switches between comedic elements and more serious ones so well as i usually get thrown off when people suddenly start making stupid jokes in unappropriate situations.

OP and ED seemed like rather dull, run-of-the-mill goth-rock songs but maybe that's all the rage right now.

if the story manages to avoid the all too popular "someone waiting for someone" ending i might actually finish and be completely satisfied.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:27 pm Reply with quote
infiltration.cru wrote:
if the story manages to avoid the all too popular "someone waiting for someone" ending i might actually finish and be completely satisfied.

I get the feeling this anime will either have an original conclusion or remain open-ended and alluding to a possible sequel down the line. Twelve episodes isn't enough to work in manga efficiently, and the manga still is not yet concluded, nor do I believe it to be "winding down" like others have stated. Even if it were, it's a monthly publication, so we would only have another 2 chapters come out in the time this season runs. I think we might be unsatisfied in either capacity with how it ends.

HaruhiToy wrote:
Blame Haruhi. They made it cool to do screw with the sequence so now everybody has to do it.

The first episode never happened in the manga, as I can recall. You're introduced to some characters well before you need to be, and it sort of over-extends itself by asserting "yes, there's a ghost here that only he can see". I think something like could have been done more fittingly as a short pilot ONA to get interest in the animated series up, like what Haganai and Mirai Nikki did.
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
infiltration.cru wrote:

I get the feeling this anime will either have an original conclusion or remain open-ended and alluding to a possible sequel down the line. Twelve episodes isn't enough to work in manga efficiently, and the manga still is not yet concluded, nor do I believe it to be "winding down" like others have stated. Even if it were, it's a monthly publication, so we would only have another 2 chapters come out in the time this season runs. I think we might be unsatisfied in either capacity with how it ends.

as long as noone exchanges vows with each other to wait until whoever's away comes back, i can be easily satisfied.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
infiltration.cru wrote:
as long as noone exchanges vows with each other to wait until whoever's away comes back, i can be easily satisfied.

Yeah, the chances of that occurring seem slim, and manga makes sure that something like that happening isn't likely.
infiltration.cru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:33 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
infiltration.cru wrote:

Yeah, the chances of that occurring seem slim, and manga makes sure that something like that happening isn't likely.

jesus christ i am grateful. i've really come to hate this sort of thing...
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:33 pm Reply with quote
This tease of a ghost is too much for me to handle. It gets me excited but then the ominous atmosphere puts me down. I don't whether to be fascinated or scared by Yuuko. So, is this a mystery-horror-comedy? If so, it's working out well in balancing all three for me.

I regret watching this show late at night. I'm too scared to sleep now or even get out of my chair. Damn my paranoia.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
And you guys were saying that there was no horror, I very much enjoyed seeing that how else Yuuko could be seen. I do enjoy the bits in anime where a different form might change a view people can have of each other. Regardless there was probably a fetish of her look.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 20