• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Upotte!! (ONA).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Ah, that makes a whole lot more sense. Thanks for the correction. (Can't tell these damn short-haired blonde's apart, ya know.)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Oh the shock from the previous episode, it was even worse than we were lead to believe, by making her outline all black and the angles, we could not see that spoiler[it totally ruined her hair style.]

In one episode the yuri in this gun show reached Railgun levels. And I approve.
Banken

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I saw the plastic bag thing coming a mile away, but I thought it would be a condom... (which is what the military actually uses)

I can't really see why assault rifles would be attracted to each other.

I'm starting to wonder what happens when they actually have to be used for their designed purpose... do they send the moe girls off to war? lol

Considering the barrel is the heart of a gun, I guess having the barrel destroyed is the only way they can die? By heart attack? Then again, you can replace a barrel... although it's the most expensive part.

I think the thing about Sako going from school to school is a reference to the fact that it was originally chambered in 7.62X39 before being made in 5.56.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
do they send the moe girls off to war? lol

Yes, yes they do and it's no laughing matter.

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:11 pm Reply with quote
^
Laughing

Being moe just makes them more dangerous.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
I think the thing about Sako going from school to school is a reference to the fact that it was originally chambered in 7.62X39 before being made in 5.56.
That struck me as a reference to the fact that the AK-47 is one of the world's most popular guns.
Banken

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Banken wrote:
That struck me as a reference to the fact that the AK-47 is one of the world's most popular guns.

Well, I'm going on the theory that each school has a different standard caliber.

This school (forgot the name) has Western pistol calibers (mainly 9mm and .45?) and NATO rifle rounds (5.56 and 7.62), whereas I bet the other schools have Warsaw Pact rounds (5.45, 7.62X39 and 51R). Perhaps other schools have the new Chinese rounds (5.8?) or newer middle-ground rounds like 6.8 SPC and 6.5 Grendel.

All of the different rounds are literally from different schools (of thought).
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
.. starting to wonder what happens when they actually have to be used for their designed purpose... do they send the moe girls off to war? lol

The IDF does.

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Mon May 21, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Banken

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Hahah, true... but a well-trained female soldier of age is not the same as a girl who's supposedly between 12 and 15...

Although considering most of them are really in their 30's and 40's... hehe. Ichoyon is almost 60! Tei is only about 10-20(?) though.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
but a well-trained female soldier of age is not the same as a girl who's supposedly between 12 and 15...

At my age they all look like they are 12 to 15.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 7: That poor, poor Japanese teacher.

EDIT: And Eru really knows how to win a snowball fight.
Banken

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:56 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Banken wrote:
but a well-trained female soldier of age is not the same as a girl who's supposedly between 12 and 15...

At my age they all look like they are 12 to 15.

Technically in Japan high school students are between 15 and 18... junior high (the main characters) is 12 to 15.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
The inevitable school festival episode is here, to be followed by the inevitable beach episode. Thompson-sensei's back(and having me hoping this series gets figures) and she seems to have zero compunction about the school(or her dignity) being demolished in the process of getting everything ready. The Japanese teacher is still getting some direly-needed facetime - his idea of a maid cafe is a little odd, though(and if it's indicative of the way he sees his students, the odds of him firing Funco seem pretty small).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 pm Reply with quote
If they're going to the beach at Atami, that means the real conflict arc of the story is coming up. They cannot possibly skip or reduce that arc without really damaging the series.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:41 am Reply with quote
Telling kids to do something and they do it (japanese teacher's imagine spot), sounds awefully nice. Well I spent the weekend at a scout camp having to get kids to do what they should, some reason watching the episode felt theroputic.

Well I already abandoned logic in this series, so some of the crazy did not hit me hard, well for the episode I lost it since they had the tank. I liked the camo outfit, and the Thompson chick aint half bad to be in here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8