• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam UC #5's Long Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amagee

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:01 am Reply with quote
It's been a long time since they've done a proper mobile suit battle in ridiculously high levels of the atmosphere (unless I'm forgetting something from the past 10 years or so). Given the impeccable nature of the previous episodes with story and action, I think a deadly conflict miles above the earth should be good fun.
notazaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
This series is really awesome. The variety of mobile suits in ep. 4 was impressive. Ep.5 looks like it will be good too. I can't wait. Also can't believe it's almost over if it ends at 6 episodes.
RTL3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
Once again I cant wait for the next episode. I hope the series starts tying up some loose ends. Alot of stuff happened in episode 4, not exactly sure WHY it happened though. Some kick ass battle sequences, that RX-160S was very cool; and a Zaku I kicking ass? Cant beat that.
Sorrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:59 am Reply with quote
Sooo anyone else thinking the legendary newtype fate may finally befall banagher/Mineva here? And if you don't know what i mean watch all the UC series and tell me how many guys made it outta that without a "spirit" moment.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote
Looks awesome as usual. Damn waiting for OVAs sucks so much! Mad
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this, I hope an English version of this is put up soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:00 am Reply with quote
You can pre-order this volume from Rightstuf for 47.99 if anyone's interested.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:32 am Reply with quote
Sorrior wrote:
Sooo anyone else thinking the legendary newtype fate may finally befall banagher/Mineva here? And if you don't know what i mean watch all the UC series and tell me how many guys made it outta that without a "spirit" moment.

There is no Banager/Audrey. It's Riddhe/Audrey and Audrey isn't even a Newtype, neither is Riddhe.

Just want to see the Green pschyoframe.

Really hope they avert what happens to Marida in the novels though. spoiler[I just want Riddhe to stick in the Delta Plus and not get the Banshee.]
sommer89

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
well im a little bummed since i dont own a blu ray nor have enough av hook ups on my tv for one. I know they release it on dvd in japan why the heck cant they make it available in the states on dvd as well i mean come on.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Liking the Boom Boom Satellites tune. Should really get to watching volumes two to four someday soon.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:23 pm Reply with quote
sommer89 wrote:
well im a little bummed since i don't own a blu ray nor have enough av hook ups on my tv for one. I know they release it on dvd in japan why the heck can't they make it available in the states on dvd as well i mean come on.

Well actually episode 1-4 did come out on DVD in the US except rather having one episode per volume each DVD contains 2 episodes. However, with the downfall of Bandai Entertainment, Sunrise announced that episodes 5-6 would not be released on DVD in the US, though the BLU RAY is a different story since its released by Bandi Visuals.

Lynx Amali wrote:

There is no Banager/Audrey. It's Riddhe/Audrey and Audrey isn't even a Newtype, neither is Riddhe.

While Riddhe is definitely not a Newtype it's implied in episode 1 that Audrey is a Newtype.
sommer89

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
just means bandai visual enjoys screwing people outside of japan since they closed bandai entertainment here in the states. NO just arogant of them to do that. But that can be said for what im saying about them too.
sommer89

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:37 am Reply with quote
I wish i could send sunrise/Bandai a letter asking them why are they forcing blu ray down our mouths in the US but not in japan.
bacondreamer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:48 am Reply with quote
notazaku wrote:
This series is really awesome. The variety of mobile suits in ep. 4 was impressive. Ep.5 looks like it will be good too. I can't wait. Also can't believe it's almost over if it ends at 6 episodes.

They took pretty much everything they can find from Kunio Okawara's MSV and had a firesale in eps 4 Very Happy
st_owly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I misread the title of this thread as "prono video" and nearly choked on my tea... Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1