|I was reviewing "Teh Rules" when a thought occurred to me: How about a slight change in the formatting below "Above all else: Be Polite."?
- Discussion should be related to anime, anime news, Anime News Network, the forum topic, or in some way relevant to this website. Excessively off-topic ("OT") posts will be locked or deleted.
- This forum is an English-language forum. All users are expected to have a working knowledge of proper English. We are not an IM chatroom; we expect proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. All conversation must be in English. If English is your Second Language, please say so in your first post.
- Discussions should carry some measure of intelligence to them. Consider if what you are writing is relevant or important to others. If it does not contribute to the discussion, do not post it. Please post detailed answers to questions; lists and one-liners do not contribute.
- Swearing is frowned upon. If you disagree with a poster, disagree respectfully, or do not disagree at all.
- Signatures are disabled. Do not make "fake" signatures.
- Do not excessively quote. If you are responding to a single idea, quote only that relevant part.
- Abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-charged, dangerous or illegal material will be removed from the forum by moderators. Depending on the severity of the incident, your IP address may be retained or reported to law enforcement, as necessary.
- Moderators have the right to lock, delete or modify any post at any time for any reason. If a thread is locked, that means the subject may NOT be brought up again. If you feel a thread should be locked, Private Message Christopher Macdonald (Tempest).
(8b) No "Back Seat Moderating" - If you know a thread is going to be locked, do not post in it, posting in threads that are clearly going to be locked will be dealt with as "trolling " type behavior. Do not berate posters for breaking the rules, that is the job of the ANN moderators and admins. Please report the post and, if you think it is necessary, contact a moderator or admin.
- No Commerce outside of the Retail Forum! ANN's forums are not to be used to sell, buy or transfer goods or services. Users may not post their own commercial endeavors or link to commercial websites unless specifically requested by another poster. Personal websites may be linked as necessary, provided that it is requested or relevant to the discussion. Users who have been hired to advertise for specific items will be banned.
(9B) Commerce is allowed in the Retail Forum! HOWEVER, commerce is limited to COMMERCIAL WEBSITES ONLY. Individuals seeking to sell DVDs are not permitted. Links to online auctions are not permitted. Websites that sell items in violation of Rule #10 will be removed and their URLs banned (see Rule #12).
- Users may not request or link to bootlegs, fansubs, scanlations, active fan-translating groups, peer-to-peer networks, timed scripts, MP3s, unauthorized movie clips, or websites that house these groups or products. Links to and discussions about websites that provide authorized, legal downloads are permitted.
- While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, not Anime News Network. Additionally, statements by Anime News Network staff on this forum are personal opinions and may not reflect the views of Anime News Network as a whole.
- This forum has banned a number of URLs to known bootlegging websites. If a user posts an URL that displays as [This URL is a Known Bootlegging website], or a similar warning message, the user may not evade the censor. Users that evade the censor may be punished.
- Use the search engine and read the site. This should be obvious, but people regularly ask questions that have recently been covered in other forum threads on in ANN's articles. So before asking a question, put the keywords into the ANN search engine and the [url=http://www.
animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/search.php]forum search engine[/url]. Checking the Encyclopedia may be a good idea too! (depending on your question).
Maybe this isn't such a good idea -- the links do not seem to be working.....