• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Conduct of Code

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:47 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Kirby's 20th Anniversary: Wow, so now it's the pink puffball's turn to get a celebrated anniversary for his long run in the gaming industry (though to be fair, he did nearly disappear for quite some years). I'm sure the compilation will consist of the bestseller titles (Super Star is very likely). Power to the pink, Kirb!

True, but he managed to remain relevant and with past titles retaining popularity. Not every franchise will have a release every year, but it's how they stand up between releases and how the releases do after a lull that really determines its relevance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I know, and that's part of his charm really. I can't say the anime scored any fine points with me, but the Japanese version was still worth a watch. If anything, Kirby is awesome because he manages to keep gamers interested despite he doesn't have a constant game release schedule going.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2