• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about Zeta Gundam

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatMatt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Will they make individual DVDs of Zeta Gundam, or something like a non-limited adittion box set later on, or will it just be that limited edition set and thats it?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I believe I heard Bandai was going to release the DVDs individually, but the LE box set is supposed to be "limited," though I doubt they'd stand by that statement if they had enough good feedback.

I've seen them (Bandai) offer what were also said to be "limited edition" boxes only to release another version of the box on a later date. Anime dazed
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:16 am Reply with quote
No, there will probably not be individual releases.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:39 am Reply with quote
It would be a surprise if there weren't individual releases because Bandai released G Gundam individually after it came out as box sets so why couldn't it be done for Zeta. Although, at the same time I won't be too surprised if Bandai didn't release individual disc of Zeta Gundam because Bandai seems to care to much about Seed then to finish releasing the rest of the Universal Century and the two alternate universes Gundam X and Turn A.
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:52 am Reply with quote
No. They released the individual G Gundam discs simultaneously with the mini-boxes.

Zeta Gundam will not be shown on TV here and is not going to draw in as many fans (not to mention that it's 20 years old this year, and a good deal of people here dislike older anime), so Bandai is just going to release this box for now. http://www.operationz.tk is a little website about Zeta Gundam's release here which I did the graphics and much of the content for. You can read more about how Bandai is treating this release and why right on the front page.
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:01 am Reply with quote
So basicly ZZ Gundam, Victory Gundam, Gundam X, and Turn A Gundam are doomed to come to the US?
JinchuuGundam85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:07 am Reply with quote
Good work with the graphics Vekou Very Happy
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:32 am Reply with quote
JinchuuGundam85 wrote:
So basicly ZZ Gundam, Victory Gundam, Gundam X, and Turn A Gundam are doomed to come to the US?

No, I wouldn't say that at all. They'll all come out here eventually. Just don't expect the kind of advertising/merchandising blitz we saw with Gundam Wing or G Gundam.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:39 am Reply with quote
Also, how well has Mobile Suit Gundam fared in the US? For that matter, what about Char's Counterattack? Being directly tied to those two, I could somehow see Bandai giving Zeta less coverage if those two fared poorly overall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ThatMatt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote
From what I remember, the original MSG didn't do so well over here, niether did Char's Counterattack. Athough CC probably would've gotten more attention if they showed it al least more than once at better times. And just to chime in, I hope Bandai does bring over the other unlicensed ones (ZZ, Victory, X, and Turn A) over at some point. Turn A is very unique, GX is pretty darn good, and I've heard good things about Victory. ZZ wasn't the greatest, but it was still ok and you need it to tie the pieces together.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:58 pm Reply with quote
ThatMatt wrote:
From what I remember, the original MSG didn't do so well over here, niether did Char's Counterattack. Athough CC probably would've gotten more attention if they showed it al least more than once at better times.

I'm talking about DVD sales, not the TV run. I'm fairly certain Zeta will never get on Cartoon Network because UC Gundam's been mostly a flop there (as criminal as that may be). But I'm thinking that if the DVDs for 0079 & CCA fared poorly, that might be the reason Bandai's putting all of Zeta out in one single box right off the bat.

ThatMatt wrote:
And just to chime in, I hope Bandai does bring over the other unlicensed ones (ZZ, Victory, X, and Turn A) over at some point.

Bandai's already stated several times that they'll be bringing all the Gundam titles over eventually. Though I personally find fault with that since Chu mentioned at AWA that the original SD Gundam was "very unlikely," the fact remains that ZZ, X, Victory, & Turn-A will definitely be brought over (quite possibly in that very order, too, with Destiny somewhere either before or after ZZ).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vekou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:35 pm Reply with quote
IIRC Scott McNeil or some other Ocean VA reported that Ocean recently begun production on ZZ.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1