Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Moe-yu App Lets Users Bathe With Kana Asumi-Voiced Character


Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rabrek



Joined: 06 Apr 2009
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:12 am Reply with quote
At long last, a phone app that weirds me out more than that one where you pinch pimples. I treasure my dumb-phone. (pets it) So innocuous. So boring. Best clock ever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JHawkNH



Joined: 31 Aug 2004
Posts: 42
Location: Minnesota

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
I am betting that the AR portion of the app was paid for by the phone manufactures.

Opps! Dropped another phone in the tub. I guess I need to buy another phone.

1. Cell phone
2. Bath tub water
3. ???????
4. Profit!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheAncientOne



Joined: 06 Oct 2010
Posts: 954

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 am Reply with quote
From the article:
Quote:
...and increase their intimacy with the in-game characters

I wonder if that is a euphemism for "remove the towel". Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Furudanuki



Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 1874

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
JHawkNH wrote:
I am betting that the AR portion of the app was paid for by the phone manufactures.

Opps! Dropped another phone in the tub. I guess I need to buy another phone.

1. Cell phone
2. Bath tub water
3. ???????
4. Profit!


"In Japan, you can't sell a phone if it's not waterproof. About 90 to 95 per cent of all phones sold now are already waterproof," Panasonic executive Taro Itakura said in an interview at the Mobile World Congress.

http://www.smh.com.au/​digital-​life/​mobiles/​new-​phones-​built-​to-​survive-​showers-​toiletdrops-​20120302-​1u6t2.​html#​ixzz1uZh3FNGC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Mohawk52



Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 7207
Location: England, UK

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
icomeanon4 wrote:
Japan, it's not too late. You can still try to get your emasculated excuses for males interested in flesh and blood women. Don't let your elderly overtake your newborns past the point of no return.

We'd miss you.
That's only half the problem. The other half is the emancipated females leaving them to get on with it without interferance. Anyway it's all going well for the Secret Society's plan to take over the nation. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tuxedocat
He started itHe started it


Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 2113

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
icomeanon4 wrote:
Japan, it's not too late. You can still try to get your emasculated excuses for males interested in flesh and blood women. Don't let your elderly overtake your newborns past the point of no return.

We'd miss you.


While I think the problem has more to do with the Japanese employment status-quo (employees put in so many hours they are too exhausted to devote their "free" time to anyone but themselves), my impression is things like this are designed to keep certain members of the population out of the gene pool.

Quote:
and while the game is free to play, users can pay money for random items that will unlock new features and increase their intimacy with the in-game characters.


...and away from RL prostitutes as well!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
prime_pm



Joined: 06 Feb 2004
Posts: 1392
Location: Under Your Bed

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:28 am Reply with quote
"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to turn off all electronic devices before takeo-what the hell is that?"

Afterwards, you WILL need a bath.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArsenicSteel



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 2370

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:38 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

Hell, I think the App is pretty dumb, but what the fudge guys? Get some goddamn perspective.


Truth.
People want to see pretty pics on their phones, nothing new there.
MiKandi (NSFW) has been addressing a similar niche in America for years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flower Metal



Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 104

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Glorious!!!

I want take a shower with her
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragon695



Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 1103
Location: Clemson, SC

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
How sad and pathetic.
I agree, but enough about you, how about that smartphone ap? Laughing

Japanese otaku are sad and pathetic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superdry



Joined: 07 Jan 2012
Posts: 1309

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Past wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
How sad and pathetic.
I agree, but enough about you, how about that smartphone ap? Laughing

Japanese otaku are sad and pathetic.


I don't know which is more sad and pathetic, Japanese otaku or you spewing the same shit all the time. Why so much hate? Did they kill your puppies, kittens and koala bear as a kid?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanXL



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 4032

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:53 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Japanese otaku are sad and pathetic.


When I see bimbo female YouTubers with a similar App to make money off their horny teenage subscrubers, I don't think it's limited to Japanese otaku
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dragon695



Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 1103
Location: Clemson, SC

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:05 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Past wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
How sad and pathetic.
I agree, but enough about you, how about that smartphone ap? Laughing

Japanese otaku are sad and pathetic.


I don't know which is more sad and pathetic, Japanese otaku or you spewing the same shit all the time. Why so much hate? Did they kill your puppies, kittens and koala bear as a kid?

Nope, no hate just derision and some pity. It's just fun seeing just how ronery and desperate they get for companionship, that they now have 2-D girlfriends to take baths with. It says a lot about the person who would need an application like this. It's amusing, but at the same time you can't help but feel sorry for them.
TitanXL wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Japanese otaku are sad and pathetic.


When I see bimbo female YouTubers with a similar App to make money off their horny teenage subscrubers, I don't think it's limited to Japanese otaku

True, but at least those bimbos are real, I suppose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArsenicSteel



Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 2370

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Yup reinforcing the misogyny behind the flesh trade of women is infinitely better for men and women than those Japanese oggling cartoons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5085

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

Nope, no hate just derision and some pity. It's just fun seeing just how ronery and desperate they get for companionship, that they now have 2-D girlfriends to take baths with. It says a lot about the person who would need an application like this. It's amusing, but at the same time you can't help but feel sorry for them.


You actually think that thats a defense?!

Thats arguably even worse.

Also, lack of self awareness is just mindboggling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group