• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: F.Y.E. Suncoast Video Chains' Parent Reports Q1 Profit

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tratious

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I miss having an FYE around they had insane out of print stuff for cheap, I found all of FLCL there for like $12 I think maybe two weeks before FUNimation announced they have a license for it.
Maigraith

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote
I still go to the Suncoast near me. Their sales are usually pretty good or at the very least comparable to rightstuf's prices without having to wait on shipping.
evilkorpse

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Well many people say that fye has expensive prices but i kinda disagree and agree . my reason is i remember purchasing some errhrrmmm... h anime from them and when i saw them at amazon they were cheaper. and now for the battle royale liveaction i found it cheaper at fye because they had it on sale for 25$ for the bluray complete collection. so think about this guys every retailer may have different prices from one another its just the way things are.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised they have made a profit considering it seems they're closing stores everywhere. Like earlier this year there were two F.Y.E.'s and one Suncoast open here in Minnesota. A few months later, there's now only one F.Y.E. in the entire state of Minnesota.

I've never been in an F.Y.E. admittedly. The only use I'd have for them is like others said, finding OOP stuff. I bet many used them for the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes. Better to pay full MSRP (Like $60-$80) instead of the $150+ scalpers on Amazon and eBay want for those things.

I do wonder if F.Y.E. would ever change their ways, and not price everything at full MSRP. I'm willing to bet if a company somehow had a single priced at $100 for 4 episodes, F.Y.E. would still price it at that MSRP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
I'm surprised they have made a profit considering it seems they're closing stores everywhere. Like earlier this year there were two F.Y.E.'s and one Suncoast open here in Minnesota. A few months later, there's now only one F.Y.E. in the entire state of Minnesota.

Well, closing stores and keeping only the profitable ones, and having one store servicing everyone in the area instead of two stores, could help with the profitability.
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:24 am Reply with quote
On occasion I do look at the local FYE at the mall.
I usually don't buy anything though.

When I was younger I did shop at Suncoast quite often, mostly cause there really was no other option (that I am aware of) for anime.

Plus their selection still blows pretty much everybody else out of the water. Yes there is one Suncoast in the state of Texas, and it just happens to be about an hour drive away. Though I don't go very often.
The reason it's there (and probably won't go anywhere) is due to the very large military base nearby (Fort Hood).
I think there is also a FYE in the same mall (and Gamestop/EB games were both there for awhile).

That's also the location of the nearest Hastings now that the local one shut down about 2 years ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2