• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Kids Station Cancels Its Hetalia Anime Run

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maryohki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
Maryohki wrote:
I am furious. Are you happy, now, Hetalia haters everywhere? You've ruined people's fun for NO reason. All you had to do was just ignore the show and let us enjoy ourselves. But no. You had to wreck it for the rest of us. Good job.

BRB, laughing forever at your persecution complex.

You have no proof that Hetalia hate had anything to do with this. It might have to with the whole South Korea fiasco, it might not. Maybe they thought it would do better elsewhere or it's too much of a niche genre to bother airing on TV. We simply do not know.

Um, isn't it kinda obvious that it was the backlash from the Korea thing? And for the love of God, it's Japan. They run pretty much ANYTHING on TV, "niche" or not.

Wow, you're digusting. Just because you don't like Hetalia, you think it's okay to laugh at the fans that would like to just enjoy their fandom? That's far closer to Nazi-ish than APH EVER was. =/.
W-General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 am Reply with quote
Man. This makes me sick. Censorship simply INFURIATES ME. I hate it when people tell me what I can see and what I cannot see. I can decide that for myself thank you very much. I also hate it when people get up in arms over tiny things like these. People need to learn to "take it easy."

"BIG FAT HITS" is right.
Just because of this, I am going to watch it. A lot of it too.
Milk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote
Oh well, I just heard a bad rumor that someone has threaten Kids Station that if they don't cancel the show he/she would do suicide attack and it would kill other people too.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 am Reply with quote
I had a strong feeling this was going to happen. Because of the nature of this show and the fact there was a protest leaded towards this. This probably means there won't be a continuation of this series either.

Still I know the how the fans feel, hopefully some sort deal is worked out in their favor. I remember when Geneon closed and I thought I'd never be able to watch the rest of Karin ever again. Luckly Karin was re-licensed by Funimation though.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:28 am Reply with quote
I was only slightly interested in this show but this doesn't make me happy at all. It is good to know that the series will still be produced though, even if the distribution mechanisms have been forced to change.
championferret

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
This pisses me off so much. And if its because of the Korea thing...what the HELL. Why do they get to decide what airs in another country?! Makes me sick...this was the anime I was most looking forward to out of any other premier. Some people just like to rain all over people's fun I guess.
But...I guess in the end an exclusive web broadcast might be better in avoiding all the wank the poor series seems to get.
It's just...one week before the broadcast? Does anyone know if anything like this has ever happened before?
hexenkessel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 am Reply with quote
i'm so glad about this, its just too bad it'll still be on the net. and championferret, i feel sorry for you if you have nothing better going on in your life than the premeir of a show that makes a gay joke out of WW2.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:41 am Reply with quote
Maybe we should get KuroKami canceled in retaliation?
Maryohki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote
hexenkessel wrote:
i'm so glad about this, its just too bad it'll still be on the net. and championferret, i feel sorry for you if you have nothing better going on in your life than the premeir of a show that makes a gay joke out of WW2.

Uninformed opinions for the lose.

And I feel sorry for YOU if you have nothing better to feel glad about than other people's shows getting cancelled =/
nargun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:09 am Reply with quote
There's a lot of people posting here who seem strangely discomforted by the idea that people other than themselves have input into what is and is not broadcast.

But. You don't have the right to demand that japanese TV stations offend other people for your amusement. You don't have a right to demand that distribution companies spend their money bringing over product you want. You don't have a right to demand other people be silent if their speaking up gets in the way of your precious cartoons.

You aren't the only people with agency in the world. Everyone else does to, and everyone else, they make their own decisions. And they aren't obliged, at no point are the obliged, to take only the decisions that will make you happy.
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
Jih2 wrote:
marzipan.dragon wrote:
Case wrote:

As always, thank god for the internet. Cool

Yep.

Oh completely agreed Smile

Am I the only one who thinks this is rather ironic since this Korea scandal was partially caused by the internet. I mean, how else would another country get wind of an unlicensed Japanese series? Laughing

edit.

For those still curious about how and why the Hetalia anime got 'canceled', this provides some pretty good explanations.

Last edited by CatzCradle on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
windwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote

639 名前: メロン名無しさん [sage] 投稿日: 2009/01/16(金) 01:52:37 ID:???0
>>638
本当らしいよ。
Yeah,I herad that's true
その代わりキッズの放送が危険らしい。
韓国名無しの命を盾にした「放送中止しないと回り巻き込んで死ぬぞ」メールの対応で
the received the blackmail from Korean that"Even if you don't stop broadcasting Hetaria,I will kill someone"
真剣に放送中止検討してるそうで・・
They plan to stop broadcasting seriously

640 名前: メロン名無しさん [sage] 投稿日: 2009/01/16(金) 01:54:58 ID:???O
ソース
source please

641 名前: メロン名無しさん [sage] 投稿日: 2009/01/16(金) 01:56:20 ID:???0
>>640
早ければ10時間後くらいに
10hours later minimum

10 hours later
Animax canceled Hetaria
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:35 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Maybe we should get KuroKami canceled in retaliation?

...That? That isn't even funny. Shut your mouth.

As for this, this is effing ridiculous. I'm doing my best not to let out a string of curses fly out over how absolutely insane this is. As an anime fan, as a librarian, as a person, I abhor censorship for censorship's sake in any form.

Disclaimer: I don't even like Hetalia. I outright dislike it. But the fact that some whiny pricks can throw a big enough tantrum to cancel a show because it offends their skin as thick as wax paper, I...I don't even know what to say. Really sad, disgusting, etc, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
There's a lot of people posting here who seem strangely discomforted by the idea that people other than themselves have input into what is and is not broadcast.

But. You don't have the right to demand that japanese TV stations offend other people for your amusement. You don't have a right to demand that distribution companies spend their money bringing over product you want. You don't have a right to demand other people be silent if their speaking up gets in the way of your precious cartoons.

You aren't the only people with agency in the world. Everyone else does to, and everyone else, they make their own decisions. And they aren't obliged, at no point are the obliged, to take only the decisions that will make you happy.

...Are you seriously supporting censorship because someone got butthurt over a cartoon? Seriously? Seriously?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Banshou

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7