• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:46 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
No sign of Asuna in the next ep, though. That's somewhat disappointing.
But that just makes their eventual reunion all the better!

We all know she secretly flisted him and is going to fall head over heals for him after his dark knight gesture (and chance at getting some phat lewt) in episode two and she will track him down again soon enough, swooning all the while and hoping for another dose of his cream, but then she won't admit her true feelings and will instead be stoic and tsuntsun for half the show and blushing when he isn't looking spoiler[I'm being facetious and god do I hope I'm wrong...]
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
Veers wrote:
...swooning all the while and hoping for another dose of his cream...

And then he gives her the glopping two years worth of cream he saved up. Wink
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Ewwwww please guys, stop making dirty jokes about the CREAM!! Anime hyper

....it's grossing me out! >_>

....and I thought that was butter at first....
Masakaki

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:50 pm Reply with quote
[edit]

Last edited by Masakaki on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Riddley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Mmm I agree, I sort of like the mysteriousness of Asuna...but he IS a fighter-class and the new girl looks to be a caster-class, possibly a healer. That combo makes perfect sense.

Episodes probably just introducing major characters that all lead to the power house party that wins the 100th floor! hehe Very Happy
Veers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Masakaki wrote:
It's funny, spoiler[because it's true. Read chapter 16.5] of light novel. Very Happy
Don't talk about the LN without spoiler tags, please, even if we're being silly. Having the speculation of LN-ignorant anime viewers confirmed by LN readers is the same as LN readers outright telling people what happens.

Riddley wrote:
Mmm I agree, I sort of like the mysteriousness of Asuna...but he IS a fighter-class and the new girl looks to be a caster-class, possibly a healer. That combo makes perfect sense.
I thought they said in the first episode that there was no magic system for players? Wouldn't that include healing magic?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote
I prefer to watch anime before reading the original manga/novel so my expectations are not raised. Anime hyper Then I read once the anime is over so I can relive the series.

You can tell AsunaxKirito is canon without even doing that though. lol
Skullface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
No sign of Asuna in the next ep, though. That's somewhat disappointing.

Kinda need to get used to it. spoiler[she will be absent for a few eps here as they are going through the back stories/side stories and important characters that show up later.]

Quote:
I thought they said in the first episode that there was no magic system for players? Wouldn't that include healing magic?

Its a spear not a staff btw. There is NO magic
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:14 pm Reply with quote
what is it with these anime threads being filled with "look at the light novel/manga/books" comments.

the thread is about the anime not the damn books.
go to the manga section if you feel so inclined to mention every detail in the books. some of us don't give a flying **** about what was or wasn't in the books!

gets really old entering the ANIME section and having 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 posts about the mangas in each thread because some members are simply too dense to tell the difference between one section and the other.

you want to talk anime do so. but you want to talk about the script you read on the writers ass go to the appropriate section.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Ewwwww please guys, stop making dirty jokes about the CREAM!! Anime hyper

....it's grossing me out! >_>

....and I thought that was butter at first....
We could do some pretty tasteless butter jokes also. I was going to use one, but it was a bit too low brow; butter is not the most innocent sound word.

And guys, this is the anime forum, please put all talk about novels/manga in spoilers marked with if it deals with it. If I wanted spoilers I would read the TV Tropes page.
Riddley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
Skullface wrote:

Its a spear not a staff btw. There is NO magic

Ah well sorry didn't cop that Smile I do remember them saying their was no magic, but I sort of thought no magic in the sense of traditional casting of spells.

i dunno, I'd say those "sword skills" count as a sort of magic Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:
what is it with these anime threads being filled with "look at the light novel/manga/books" comments.

go to the manga section if you feel so inclined to mention every detail in the books. some of us don't give a flying **** about what was or wasn't in the books!

gets really old entering the ANIME section and having 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 posts about the mangas in each thread because some members are simply too dense to tell the difference between one section and the other.

you want to talk anime do so. but you want to talk about the script you read on the writers ass go to the appropriate section.

You and I have had our differences in the past, but I one million per cent agree with you on this. That's why I love it in those very rare cases when an anime is an original project as opposed to being adapted from something - so refreshing to be able to go into a discussion thread and not have some knob bitching about how things are different from the source material or giggling about how we're all going to love chapter 56.33322.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
dragoneyes001 wrote:

you don't make the rules around here. Go ask the mods to delete those posts or make a new rules.
Yupa

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:53 am Reply with quote
I know this discussion has been made many times before, but I enjoy reading comparisons to the source material, even if I haven't read it.
Because of those comparisons I started reading Sankarea and Tasogare Otome X Amnesia last season and I think I'll start with the light novel of Sword Art Online now.

This has been my favorite show of this season so far, it looks it's going to be much more interesting than Accel World. I really like Kirito, Klein and Asuna and the action is pretty good.
Riddley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:13 am Reply with quote
I don't have an issue with people discussing the manga in comparison to the anime. I suppose where it gets annoying is when people start a cock-fight about which is better.

Especially for anime that are adapted from LNs or manga, you're going to expect people to make the comparisons and discuss them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 274