• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Negima!? DVD Season 2 Part 1

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote
JackBassV wrote:
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
spoiler[I mean, she's is closer to Takahata's age than Negi's.]

How do you work that out? spoiler[She was under 4 when she first met takahata. 10 years later and she's 14. Negi is 10 so a 4 year age gap. Unless takamichi was under 8 when they met, she is definitely closer to negi in age.]

I had it in double spoiler tags for a reason. Also, in case you weren't aware, that's referring to the manga cannon only. spoiler[In the flashback where Asuna first remembered her own name, her REAL name, (that's in volume 18 or 19, I believe, and she forgets it because she walks in on Konoka and Setsuna about to create a pactio) Nagi rescued her during the war in the magic world which had occurred 20 years ago. She was about 4 at that time. It is implied that for the next ten years, she is somehow magically prevented from aging. Takamichi is about 30 or so, as he was still a child during the war. spoiler[What's more, in recent chapters, we have met her younger sister, who is in present time an adult woman. ]]
Showsni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

I had it in double spoiler tags for a reason. Also, in case you weren't aware, that's referring to the manga cannon only. spoiler[In the flashback where Asuna first remembered her own name, her REAL name, (that's in volume 18 or 19, I believe, and she forgets it because she walks in on Konoka and Setsuna about to create a pactio) Nagi rescued her during the war in the magic world which had occurred 20 years ago. She was about 4 at that time. It is implied that for the next ten years, she is somehow magically prevented from aging. Takamichi is about 30 or so, as he was still a child during the war. spoiler[What's more, in recent chapters, we have met her younger sister, who is in present time an adult woman. ]]

spoiler[And add to that Al's comments when we saw Ala Rubra in a flashback and it's possible she's even older...]
JackBassV

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately, here in the uk, we've been having problems getting the latest issues of most manga. I haven't been able to get negi since vol 19, so I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to the latest story line.

Really gonna have to find the new vols...

JBV^_^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3