• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Split needed for Kouhei Tanaka

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kraker2k

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
I noticed that the page for Music composer Kouhei Tanaka lists credits for animation - I doubt the composer has had a sudden change of career. The animation credits only start appearing from 2009, where as the composer has worked since 1985 and is still working today.

I think it would be simple enough to split away the animator's credits and change the original page name to - Kouhei Tanaka (composer)
While making a new page for - Kouhei Tanaka (animator)

The kanji for their names are also slightly different. The composer's uses '田中公平' while the animator uses '田中耕平'
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
Looks like I entered one of the earliest animation credits and included the Kanji in the source field so knew it was a duplicate - thus I will have made a note of it somewhere... here.

Does everything other than the animation credits definitely belong to the composer?

Kohei Tanaka and Koohei Tanaka are also AKAs of the current entry. Thankfully it looks like 耕平 can only be read as こうへい so I think all we need to do is split Kouhei (don't think I've ever tried splitting a merged entry before).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
Done.

There's another 田中浩平 tasked "composite" (コンポジット) of Heaven's Lost Property Forte. However it's his ONLY credit so I'll leave him with the animator until there's more info about him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1