• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuroko's Basketball (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TotalAnarchy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:42 am Reply with quote
So in the end they discovered the first basic rule in basketball--that it's a team sport. Right, most of this season was pretty boring.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
Season 3 (Series Finale):

Well, that was predictable. Seirin takes the win in the end while Akashi tastes his defeat. I think it's fitting considering all the buildup and execution up to the final point. However, I liked the first half of this season better than the latter.

Memories..

There's still another OVA left I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Akashi & his team were doing their best to prevail.
Seirin was fighting hard too.
The game was more than intense!
All the sweat and hardship finally payed off for spoiler[Seirin.
Of course the final shot had to be made by the epic Kuroko-Kagami duo ^^
A victory well deserved.
2nd half of the episode wrapped up things & opened up possibilities for another season.]

Great final episode!
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I appreciate Dragon(basket)ballZ. It's technically the furthest thing from actual basketball I've ever seen, but you know what? It captures the spirit and passion for the game. The animation and music are both really good.

If you watch this show in the frame of mind that you're essentially watching basketball where every normal trait becomes a super-power, I think there's a lot to like here.

I'm going to just sit here and pray they never decide to animate EXTRA GAME, where the humorous exaggerations in the original series turn into racist/xenophobic stereotypes....
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I would say it over-blows spirit and passion, too; not only the magical abilities. By the way, it is really strange that ANN encyclopaedia entries do not have "magic" among genres/themes. This anime is no less magical than any Hunter X Hunter and the like.

In the last episode it has turned out that Kuroko is rude: he has dropped call with his friend without even saying good bye. (Of course, writers did not meant it to look this way -- they were just sloppy with the writing and forgot to include the phrase.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12