• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ad using an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Every once in a while internet explorer will block an ad that appears to be attempting to use an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner. The ad is using Macromedia flash.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quote
This is what I am talking about
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:09 pm Reply with quote
It happens to be the Robotech Invasion ad that is a flash ad. Not sure why its doing that now, it never did previously.

The work around is to edit security settings to where "Initialize and script Active X controls not marked as safe" to enabled.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:01 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
The work around is to edit security settings to where "Initialize and script Active X controls not marked as safe" to enabled.
However, it is not advised that you do that because it will open up some of the more significant back doors on your computer and may lead to you having adwear/spywear being installed on your computer.
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Ok, set it back to disabled.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1