• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Deep Discount DVD, additional 20% off.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I know this should go in the Retail Forum, but I thought everyone would like to know that Deep Discount DVD has started their additional 20% off promo. It started today (the 14th) and ends on the 21st!

Enter the word "SUPERSALE" (without the parentheses) in the promotion box at checkout, and it should work (and now that I've seen there are more than one coupon word, then you're now free to use as many different ones as you can Smile).

However, if it's anything like the last promo, it will only cover 5 items, and you can only use it once (that is, you can only use one word, once, but you can use any of those different words on a separate purchase Razz).

Happy shopping, people! Anime hyper

EDIT: This coupon will NOT work for hardware, video games, or preorders. Wink

Last edited by Tony K. on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Of All things!!! Evil or Very Mad I buy 3 DVD's yesterday and today they have a 20% sale, very annoying. That always seems to happen after I buy something.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
JustJon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:03 am Reply with quote
Another code you can use is NYTIMES
Perfectsword

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:35 am Reply with quote
Does the place have legit dvds? Good service? will my dvds end up in good condition?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:21 am Reply with quote
They only sell R1 DVD's. They are cheap, they have free shipping, the free shipping is slow, but that is to be expected when you have free shipping (goes through the US Post Office)

They do have 2-3 day shipping via UPS for $6.95
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
itsatrapMF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:54 am Reply with quote
Perfectsword wrote:
Does the place have legit dvds? Good service? will my dvds end up in good condition?

Dvd's are legitimate, excellent service, and you will get them in good condition. Best part ... shipping is free if you are willing to wait 1 week. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UberTai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I order anime boxsets, they always end up bent at the corners due to bad packaging. My Alien9 set ended up like this unfortunately, but this may be because the box itself was so flimsy....Either way, this error should not occur.

However, I cannot complain seeing as I get the DVDs for fantastic prices.

Thanks for the coupon! I plan on buying some Christmas gifts from DDD soon and need to save as much money as I can.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I knew this was coming like 4 month ago, not sure why some would doubt it.

Code:
NYTIMES
USATODAY
BARGAINFLIX
WGN
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
WCKG
GOOGLE
COUPONSHOP
YAHOOSHOP
PRICEGRABBER
RADIO
LATIMES
YAHOO
SUPERSALE
DVDTALK

Website will be really slow though.
Pre-orders, video games, accessories, and electronics are excluded.

This what I got:
Witch Hunter Robin Box Set - 72 Dollar (retail 150)
Samurai X OVA Collection - 35 dollar (retail 70)
Peace Maker Vol. 1 + Box & Manga - 19.19 (manga retail for 10 alone)

Get Back, Get Back, you don't know me like that Cool

Last edited by darkhunter on Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
JustJon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:34 pm Reply with quote
you left out the DVDTALK price code
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:46 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
However, if it's anything like the last promo, it will only cover 5 items, and you can only use it once.

They don't seem to have such limitation this time. Laughing

EDIT: They are experiencing server error! ARRRRGH!! Evil or Very Mad Good thing it happened before I entered my credit card information (whew).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:51 am Reply with quote
Is it still going? Because I just got a job and just got paid, and am ready to get some new anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:
Is it still going? Because I just got a job and just got paid, and am ready to get some new anime.

Yes it is. Just spent $200+ (ouch) on eight titles, including three box sets. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Its secure server (https) runs faster than the regular one (http). That's odd. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Jamesleedx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I tried using the coupon code and I found out that it can only be used for existing items and cannot be used for pre-orders.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Jamesleedx wrote:
I tried using the coupon code and I found out that it can only be used for existing items and cannot be used for pre-orders.

Oh yeah, I fogot to mention this in my original post. You CAN'T use this coupon for any hardware, video games, or preorders!

Thanks to all who mentioned it prior to this post. I'll go back and edit my initial one (post, that is) and put that bit of information in. Wink
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Also, the 2 day shipping can't be beat. A lot better than the free shipping through the post office, which took 10 days the last time for me. I went the two day shipping route this time, bought my 3 DVD's a day before (Saturday) the 20% off started, shipped monday, will be here tomorrow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2