• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AyaCon Five, 19-21 August 2005, Warwick Arts Centre, UK

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasahara Natsuki

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Who: AyaCon Five
What: United Kingdom Anime and Japanese Culture Event.
When: 19-21 August 2005
Where: Warwick Arts Centre, University of Warwick, near Coventry United Kingdom
Cost: £40(GBP) Full Weekend Registration
£20(GBP) One-day Registration

The Aya Committee is pleased to announce that AyaCon Five, the latest of the Aya series of anime & manga conventions, will be held from 19-21 August 2005.

Venue:

AyaCon Five will be held at the Warwick Arts Centre, University of Warwick, near Coventry. The Warwick Arts Centre is the largest dedicated arts venue in the Midlands, containing a concert/exhibition hall with tiered seating for 1200, two theatres, a cinema, an art gallery, two bars and multiple conference rooms.

AyaCon will have use of the entire Arts Centre, plus the adjacent University building (the Rootes Building) containing a bar, restaurant and additional conference rooms. The Arts Centre complex represents the largest and best-equipped venue for any UK anime convention to date.

We will also have use of the full nightclub facilities in the nearby Students' Union for two parties on the Friday and Saturday evenings.

A complete listing of events to be held at AyaCon will be posted on the website (http://www.ayacon.org.uk) in due course.

Accommodation:

There will be approximately 1100 single rooms available on-site, the first 850 ensuite with bath and shower. This accommodation will cost £50 per night, and can be booked using credit/debit cards through a special webpage provided by Warwick Conferences (link under construction).

Registration will open shortly, once final arrangements with the venue are complete. Prices will be £40 for a full weekend registration and £20 for a one-day registration.

For more information and regular updates on AyaCon Five, see the convention website at http://www.ayacon.org.uk/ .

I will be here to answer any queries or questions I can and we do have our own forum (link on our site) if you want to converse with the rest of the committee that may not be on this forum or to other people that are considering attending. ^_^

Stephen Harris
AyaCon Publicity Officer [email protected]
On behalf of the Aya Organising Committee
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1