• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Body measurements in anime?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote
YMMV.

There's some shows where the girls seem to have more realistic bodies, then there's the balloon boobs. Personally I don't like the torpedo tits style of the guys who did Nanako and Divergence Eve, but to each his own.

I also find it weird when there's a bathing scene and the girls all start talking about each other's chest size. I assume those are in there purely for the horny otaku who like to hear women talking about their own squishy mammaries.

Off-the-top-of-my-head example of a girl bragging about her boob size in an anime: in volume 5 of Flame of Recca, Fuuko fights some weird pervert dude with sickles (forgot his name...he was a disposable villain...so who cares) and he asks her about her boob size and she happily proclaims that she has a pair of Ds. Then he proceeds to start slashing her clothing up to give the audience fan service.

Yeah...anime is weird.
animeboy12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Who know though people because pretty much talk about anything nowadays. I still remember about a month ago I forget what it was about but my friend started to weird conversation with me about her breast which lasted a good while.

Of course I think it's weird that girls in anime can't keep their hands to each their hand to themselves in a onsen but then again anime isn't the real world so you can take liberties with the story

Last edited by animeboy12 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Bluebeard wrote:
When will every other country in the world finally realize how awesome our feet and inches system is Sad

You do realise you got that system from us and we no longer use it officially? Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
eyeresist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
I also find it weird when there's a bathing scene and the girls all start talking about each other's chest size. I assume those are in there purely for the horny otaku who like to hear women talking about their own squishy mammaries.

You'll also recall an amusing discussion about boobs in Azumanga Daioh (Western vs Japanese). I thought that one seemed fairly believable.

As for hot springs boob comparisons, (a) it's a good way to heat up the otakus, and (b) when the sake starts flowing, I imagine such things might be discussed among girlfriends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2