• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tari Tari (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I am kind of late to the party but since I just finished second half of the show, pretty much in one go, I'd like to throw my 2-cents.

Oh how I love these bittersweet endings. The wrap up is outstanding of course: their lives go on but you can clearly see the growth from the experience and how it influenced their future. Although, more importantly the meat of the series is really good. What impressed me the most is how much character our heroes have. It is the little things like body language and little jokes, some of which are hilarious, that makes them look like real teenage friends. I don't see this level of care for detail in many shows. I also have to credit the detailed high-frame animation and pleasant music which brings in the colour Tari Tari now has.

Now about the things I did not like. The male duo never really came out. That sounds confusing but so is their role in the show. They are obviously more relevant than side characters but they never got the level of attention the female cast received. Only in last third of the show they got the bare minimum of attention. It all looked like the director/writer didn't know what to do with them and so they appear very weak as characters. The principal situation had a very weak resolution as well. This would've been much better and more natural to have him take a stand and not wimp his way to being fired. And my final beef is how the show goes into the "character problem solving" loop during mid episodes. It came of very formulaic to me and so I stopped watching until now. Sakai > Sawa > Power Ranger Guy these transitions were very sharp and rather uncomfortable to watch. For comparison, Hanasaku Iroha had a similar plot device going but because it was more interconnected (foreshadowed, overlapping) everything felt more natural.

Well those are my thoughts for now. Overall Tari Tari is way above average junk that is airing right now (or was in summer season), the rating is somewhere between Very Good and Excellent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9