• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri♪♪ (Season 2 & 3) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Toshino Kyoko spent the whole episode being such a nice girl and then turned into a pain right at the very end. Oh, well. She's still as cute as any of them.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:14 am Reply with quote
Yuri Fan wrote:
And Mirakurun is a horrible person...

For an episode that was so good, it was my favourite part with seeing Mirakurun being a horrible person with her supposed best friend supposed dark magical girl.

Great episode in general for Kyoko x Ayano, Chinatsu x Akari, and some Chinatsu x Yui. Well I am not actually one for thinking Chinatsu x Akari is right thing, but general I think their friendship is always good to watch as it is seeing Chinatsu being crazy. I could see the return of Chinatsu trying to force Akari to kiss again, but Akari turning into Kyoko after hitting her head was surprising.

Also, Yui does know what CHinatsu's intentions are, right? She totally did not correct most of her actions.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, episode 8:
Wow. I thought the musical scenes with no dialogues was done quite well imo especially for an opening sequence.

Idk why but the episode had a feeling of surrealism to it. The dream after the OP song was so weird lol. Not because of the different of the art style but also because of how silly and unreal it was. Another thing I found interesting is the first person view of the episode in the first half.

Glad to see Chizuru get some spotlight this episode too. Kaede is a cutie! And lol, all those nicknames Kyoko came up with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I thought the musical scenes with no dialogues was done quite well imo especially for an opening sequence.

Back in the day it was a test for quality animated features that if you could tell what was going on with the sound off then it was well animated. That still holds true here, and I think that skit could be used as a good case study about storytelling.

What I found I liked even more was how good natured the humor was. It seems YY has upped its game considerably over the past season.

For extra credit, please complete the following sentence: "Kyōko Toshinō is the girl most likely to _________."
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:16 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Season 3, episode 8:
Wow. I thought the musical scenes with no dialogues was done quite well imo especially for an opening sequence.

It similarly reminds me of a segment from Mitsudomoe. It was a good natured segment here, with some things meaning more to different people. Did it matter if she got some fortune out of it, or that she helped people along the way and got to enjoy time with her sensei.

Other segments were not bad either with Sakurako reacting to a yuri dream of her best friend, Chizuru meeting Kaede, and Himawari out to get a present for her younger sister. When I look at that this was the 8th episode it gets me a bit sad, this has actually been a pretty stable season.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I swear, I though the prez would finish that segment with the big goon sword. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
The delusional battle scenes for this season are priceless

Also so much nosebleeding this week. They should measure that Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The delusional battle scenes for this season are priceless

Toshino Kyoko does seem to be the creative motivator in this anime. Only she could have pulled of that stunt with opening her cloak like that. Lol.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:23 am Reply with quote
I was going to be so disappointed if we did not get a Chizuru being a yuri fan moment over Chitose and Ayano.

Loved the end bit of Chinatsu sad that she might have been dragged down with lack of presence. Also Kyouko fake flashing when Sakurako ran at her while thinking she was a suspicious person.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Lol ouch, the snowman...

Watching this week's episode felt nostalgic for some reason.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:38 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 10

I think I enjoyed this for a more character reason. We have not seen much of when they were younger, it at the time felt like more of a joke by surprised by differences. But the thought came that Kyoko's current personality actually bares similarity to her friends who she probably adopted because she looks up to them. Most notably with Akari too who the few times we have seen appeared a bit silly.

In the middle of the episode I took a quick look at what dreams of teeth falling out apparently means. According to a quick google search it apparently means worries of saying the wrong thing, or other insecurities, which I think fit more with what happen soon after where she was afraid Yui was leaving her and said something wrong. Yeah this is a comedy, and that is especially true with the always mucking around Kyoko, but the episode highlighted more parts of her character. That she is actually quite fragile and acts the way she does to not have regrets.

Also mention Akari, she is not a flashy character, but she looks out for her friends.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Funny episode especially for Chinatsu fans. I just can't get over how imaginative her delusions are about Yui in almost every episode. And she's also quite artistic in this series especially again but...Yui.

Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I love Chitose's fantasies, and Chinatsu's fantasies crack me up! Razz
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:21 am Reply with quote
Chinatsu became hyper competent when sick.

We had seen that Yui gets highly amused by Ayano's puns before, but apparently Ayano is amused by Yui's. Unfortunately they just think the other is humouring them.

It is spring, and of course no one will get older/ move over to the next year. Hmm, for some reason looking at all the petals makes me think of that one season that ended with the characters covered in blood. Maybe because that came about from what I remember Chitose getting drunk, and we saw the saki cups.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah, a beautiful way and artistic (yes, literally because who doesn't like that robot drawing? Laughing ) way of ending the show. For some reason, I think the picnic scene in the first half was really refreshing just seeing all the girls there having fun.

Good show overall.
I love how they gave little bits of the events for this season at the end too with the montage clips.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10