• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
About your rating system

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Isaac1987
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:19 pm Reply with quote
this is the greatest thing I have ever seen! I trust it and I have even added to the votes, but, did you download it from a website (If so, where?) or did you create it yourself (if so, do you give out the script or tell me how to make one?)? If you can't give it out, could you please tell me where I can find a similar program?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Hi Isaac,

It was made in house by us (by dan to be exact). Unfortunately its very dependant on other parts of the website, including the forum (for the user accounts) and the rest of the encyclopedia, so I don't think it would be very portable.

-t
Isaac1987
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:32 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Okay, thank you.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:37 am Reply with quote
If you know much about PHP and databases, then you should be able to write a basic one yourself. There is not too much to the basic ones (just some more data to put in tables) and the complex ones are still based upon the same basic items.

Your best bet would be to get on a PHP forum or website and start asking around about something similar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1