• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Binbougami ga! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalvyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:03 am Reply with quote
Honestly, I was really considering dropping this if it was just a rehash of the first two episodes. And as a series that wasn't even on my things to watch list this season, I wasn't expecting much.

But this episode has officially gotten me hooked. Character development and it kind of had me slightly suspended? More than I was expecting out of this series. And a real lack of fans service. I may be in the minority for liking that but I think it points to a more mature undertone for the series which I like.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
I just love this anime 'cause it's totally funny all the time.
Sakura vs Binbougami is a regular thing now.
spoiler[Naruto cosplay was a nice touch.
Getting a boyfriend was not as easy as her imagination.
Keita was nice, but with a typical on-your-own story attached.
Sakura acted like a total jerk.... guess having money and everything made her arrogant.]

Looks like Binbougami isn't all bad after all.
spoiler[Sakura's one selfless act was really nice & sweet.]
Somehow, I've started to enjoy watching those two fight!
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Momiji & spoiler[Momou duo vs Sakura.
He was totally cute, but a total masochist.
Momiji was really enjoying her sadistic games with him.
Dragon Ball moment was just awesome!!
Momou successfully infiltrated Sakura's home.]
She really is really messy.
spoiler[He just didn't stand a chance against her. Her luck was too strong.
OMG! Sakura going through trash at the dump.]
You go to admire her will.
spoiler[Momou was surprised to see that Sakura had a different side that what Momoiji told him.
Bathing time was... BAD for Momou ROFL!]

Awesomely funny episode!!!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:52 pm Reply with quote
This show does make me larf, I must say. Dog Boy was hoot. I like that in the last two eppies, new characters have been introduced to interact with Tittyko so it's not just her versus Flatty McFlatterson alla time. I'm glad that Funi has the streaming rights to this, because I think that means they will do a physical release at some point. And given how effin' funny some of their comedy dubs can be, this could be pretty epic considering how strong a foundation they'd be working from.
Dalvyn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote
Lulz. Episode 4 was great. spoiler[ Masochistic dog god was a great addition. I hope he shows up more. And the priest busting into the bathroom with the camera? Just perfect comedic timing. ]

The comedy is just A+ with this series. And the story is pretty damn interesting as well. I like where this is going. Maybe it's just because I don't watch a lot of anime comedies, but so far I see this show going pretty damn high on my favorites list.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:32 am Reply with quote
Momou deeply crosses the lines between spoiler[being adorable and creepy, and the voice made it all the better for his masochistic nature, especially since other roles often include him being kicked around.] It was getting really sweet spoiler[the way it went with how hard she was trying to get the box back, and he helped her, but then he had to revert back and ruin the emotional scene.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
some really clingy soap bubbles. censoring done correctly
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Round 5 indeed!
spoiler[Momiji's new plan backfired as usual.
Sakura was pretty cute in her younger version.
The air tag was kinda cool though.
Tsuwabuki's sister Mika & Sakura - hanging out?
Pretty weird, but she'd do anything to get away from Momiji.
Bobby & Momou are hanging out together, wtf is wrong with this picture?!
Guess they're both pervs so no wonder.]

It's amazing how persistent Sakura can be.
spoiler[Is it possible? She actually likes Tsuwabaki's family now? Wow! That's a big step for her.
Frisbee to the head was LOL]

I just love this anime. It's so darn funny!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

I want to see more of the eldest sister, it was funny how spoiler[nice she was when Ichiko was there earlier, but we saw her true feelings when Michiko was there.] And it was cool how she was spoiler[feeling so conflicted while enjoying herself with them, evidence that she will change her nature.]

And I don't know whether to feel spoiler[disheartened, or kind of laugh that she felt her dignity brake with her bed time accident.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:10 am Reply with quote
Wow, the episode spoiler[ended in a cliff-hanger] ... literally. So much I like about this show but one of the big things is the God of Misfortune seiyuu's performance. I love how she switches up her voice depending on the context. Like when she spoiler[changed into a floating head to "chase" Tittyko and called out, "wait for me!"] Really adds to the comedic flavour.

Oh and to answer your question, Tittyko, about why you always spoiler[feel irritated around that dude: it's coz you loooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvve him.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Oh and to answer your question, Tittyko, about why you always spoiler[feel irritated around that dude: it's coz you loooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvve him.]

Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:13 am Reply with quote
Laughing Yep, that's exactly who I had in mind when I wrote that.

*fist-bumps fellow FT fan*
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote
i think it's also cause he has a loving family, and she is alone
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

They seem to really love their DBZ references in this show, this time we had spoiler[Bobby "dyeing" like Nappa from Vegeta] in DBZ after doing something rather foolish. But for other reasons I preferred Momou's, he is just so cute in his puppy form, spoiler[Ichiko untying him and snuggling with him, then being so freaked out that he jumped out the window.] Also I do have a question: Why is Bobby spoiler[hanging around Momou and Momiji like they are part of a gang, I thought he was suposed to be getting rid of them.]

I wonder if Ichiko is a more traditional tsundere, you know the kind that have a change over time rather then "uresai baka". She tried play off her problems as spoiler[returning a handkerchief], but *look at the above Happy picture for reference*. The biggest problem is telling how much she has changed, I do like to see her frustrated over other people.

Oh and lol over Momiji's sister pretending to be Momiji, and everyone acted normal despite the large size.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Oh Ichiko can be so funny when she is being a total bitch, spoiler[setting Ranmaru up like that was some the funniest yet, the ultimate battle of boobs vs brawn. And kind of cool that Ichiko seems to have made a friend out of her, though neither of them] would admit it. New character kind of reminded me of Momoko Sumomomo Momomo, hope to see more.

I also rather liked the subtle leaning on the fourth wall, like the teacher saying that it is the main character class, and the character somehow openly changing their style to being really butch. I would probably say the episode hit all of my right buttons in this episode, more hits and fewer misses for me this ep.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5