• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Nice Boat' Video Posted Instead of Haruhi-chan Debut

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 am Reply with quote
Haruhi doesn't exist as a fanchise anymore to me.

Like I said before, you know what's real and realy going to realy come out in April? DragonBall Z HD.
I will bet my horse on the 20 year old rerun ahead of Haruhi. It's become that bad.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote
While I know US "fans" bit the hand that fed them on the US release, did Japan not have good enough sales to warrant making a new season/series? I thought MoHS stuff sold well enough over there that they'd have more than enough reason to do a new series, just for merchandising opportunities.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
While I know US "fans" bit the hand that fed them on the US release, did Japan not have good enough sales to warrant making a new season/series? I thought MoHS stuff sold well enough over there that they'd have more than enough reason to do a new series, just for merchandising opportunities.
I was under the impression that it sold like hotcakes on fire in hell.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
maxikki wrote:
"nice boat", isnt that the phrase that was used as a reference to boat scene of school days??

If you had read the whole article, you wouldn't have had to ask such a stupid question.

the third paragraph wrote:
Although it does not make direct references, the boat montage recalls the "Nice Boat" video that had aired instead of the final episode of the School Days television anime series in September 2007.
sepherest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 am Reply with quote
Wow, that must really suck for the Haruhi fans.
I never watched the series myself, but if they did something like that to a show I was looking forward to I would've been pissed.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
Alien1375 wrote:
It would be more respectful for their viewers if they put up an apology, preferrably with a reason for the delay and a new release date. Throwing a old joke to your audience to hide your mistakes is not the professional way to handle things.

MoHS isn't your typical franchise. The video was going to be put up only at the whim of the ultra-director, and she owes you neither respect nor professionalism. You might see it as yet another kick in the nuts for the fans but, in all honesty, this is 100% true to the spirit of the franchise - I'd find it a good deal stranger if there was a standard apology.
That's not how the ultra-director handles things.

Nice boat, Haruhi, nice boat.

Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

If you had read the whole article, you wouldn't have had to ask such a stupid question.

The article has been edited since the thread started.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
I rather be rickrolled instead of the nice boat thing.

I did laugh alittle though when I checked this out lol xD
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
Boy, the Haruhi fans must be really angery right about now. Granted this might have been a funny joke a year ago, I can only imagine fans are quite angery. Frankly, if it were me, I would have given up on this series.

It's like Mother three (video game) I called Nintendo every day for three months and each time I called, I got the same answer. "The game is being looked in too or I'll tell my manager about it". Seems like Kadowawa wants to prolong this series for as long as they can.
Alien1375

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
MoHS isn't your typical franchise. The video was going to be put up only at the whim of the ultra-director, and she owes you neither respect nor professionalism. You might see it as yet another kick in the nuts for the fans but, in all honesty, this is 100% true to the spirit of the franchise - I'd find it a good deal stranger if there was a standard apology.
That's not how the ultra-director handles things.

Nice boat, Haruhi, nice boat.

I'm starting to think that a divine being that doesn't fullfill it's promises to it's believers isn't worth my worship...

Please pray for my soul, I might become a heathen again....

Last edited by Alien1375 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote
Alien1375 wrote:
I'm starting to think that a divine being that doesn't fullfill it's promises to it's believers isn't worth my worship...

I don't recall Haruhi actually making any promises...
Only her lackeys. Wink
Quark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
Okay...so let me get this straight...Kadokawa has been jerking fans around regarding the newest series of Haruhi, and because of this, fans are now starting to regret ever having liked the series/bought the DVDs/bought merchandise from the show? Why?
Because you're going to have to wait a little longer for the next series? There are so many other shows out there, and myself, I don't mind having to wait for more Haruhi. Just because you're not getting the show now, doesn't mean that you have to turn your entire back on the franchise.
Hmm, but maybe...you know, Steve Oedekerk has been promising a Kung Pow 2 movie for ages. Maybe if I get grumpy, declare that the first movie was a waste of time, and throw out my DVD, maybe he'll make the movie a little faster.

Oh, and I totally think this Nice Boat prank suits the whole Haruhi franchise. This is, afterall, the series that started off by showing the Mikuru movie, which was related to the festival episodes, which are towards the end of the series, as the first episode. For me at least, there was utter confusion at this first episode that had a horrible opening song, awful acting, and grainy animation, when all along I had been promised that the show was awesome. But when I realized I had been had, not only by that, but by the out of order episodes, that this show became quite charming, for me at least.
I agree with the poster above - Nice Boat, Haruhi. Nice Boat.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote
The president and CEO of Kadokawa Shoten will show up this Sunday at the 1st Kadokawa (Taiwan) Award on Light Novels and Illustrations; I'm invited to watch and report the ceremony. However, if I ask him about this "nice boat" video I'll be kicked out the ceremony for sure, not to mention that he might not even be aware of this video. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Alien1375

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't recall Haruhi actually making any promises...
Only her lackeys.

Those false prophets should be stoned!!! Laughing

Quote:
Okay...so let me get this straight...Kadokawa has been jerking fans around regarding the newest series of Haruhi, and because of this, fans are now starting to regret ever having liked the series/bought the DVDs/bought merchandise from the show? Why?

Aww, not really (in my case). I'm just frustrated how this great franchise is being abused and milked beyond repair. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth to think of all the wasted potential this series had if they keep this dragging on...
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:51 am Reply with quote
It's not even April 1st yet! And look at you people now!

And what? "Subject to the whim of the SOS Brigade Leader?" When 90% of the industry is actually DELIVERING and kicking KyotoAnimu (and now Kadoshou) in the nuts?

What's the name of that show again? What are they claiming again? Explain to me why I should like that b#### that seems to be so popular? Idea
kurotsuki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote
this is simply Brilliant !
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6