• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Totoro's Home' Destroyed by Suspected Arson Fire

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:57 am Reply with quote
PingSoni wrote:
Is Totoro truly more fictional than any memory? What is valued, is valued.

I guess that's now up to the Japanese taxpayers and the Totoro Forest Foundation. If I was the Japanese government, I'd go to the foundation and see if they want to foot the bill for restoration.

They would be in a bind if they refused to at least give some assistance.
jel123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I guess that's now up to the Japanese taxpayers and the Totoro Forest Foundation. If I was the Japanese government, I'd go to the foundation and see if they want to foot the bill for restoration.

If they went to the trouble of installing a burglar alarm they may also have had insurance on the property. It could be that the insurance will pay the entire cost of the rebuild. Depending, of course, on what level of coverage (if any) they had.

A rebuild is not in any way the same as an original but they can probably do a pretty good job of it. No doubt the building and it's surroundings are well documented with photographs to give them a starting point.

Sad that it happened Sad
pparker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I could have gone the rest of my life not knowing this. Why is evolution so slow when the gene pool is so wanting...
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
sunflowerseed wrote:
More horrible news about people. Thats really sad and it looks as if the park with the house was about to open. I hope they had some kind of night camera running somewhere that gets a picture of the perps.

This is why it sucks to be a fan at all when you're going to have stuff like this happening.
Keita-sama

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote
This is totally bogus. well, i hope they had surveillance cameras around, so that they can catch the jerk(s) who perpetrated this act of vandalism.
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Tomibiki wrote:
Why does this make me chuckle?

Clearly the work of Black Metal fans.

Hey now, we're not all like that.... ><
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quote
jel123 wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

If they went to the trouble of installing a burglar alarm they may also have had insurance on the property. It could be that the insurance will pay the entire cost of the rebuild. Depending, of course, on what level of coverage (if any) they had.

A rebuild is not in any way the same as an original but they can probably do a pretty good job of it. No doubt the building and it's surroundings are well documented with photographs to give them a starting point.

Sad that it happened Sad

Which also brings up another question. Why was there a security system installed? Was that place vandalized before?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3