• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animax-Asia To Simulcast Tears to Tiara

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jih2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
So, who will be doing the simulcast?

I assume you mean who's providing this in Singapore? That would be the English language part of Animax as the article's first sentence appears to indicate.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
minakichan wrote:
As much as I wish people would do this in the US, 1) I'm not big on dubs and 2) those poor poor Singaporeans deserve it more then we do. Seriously, I'll take Funimation jackassery over Odex any day.

Dude, what's with the FUNi hate? Cool the rage factor a bit...

Seriously, Funimation is just a dvd company. They did the best they can and do a great job at that.

On another note, this is a great way for dvd companies to have postive progress.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Steps like this are just what the industry needs. If companies keep following these examples, you-know-what may start to wane significantly.

If more shows were simulcast on channels here, even with dubs, then that's pretty much the only way to negate fansubs. But you'll still have TV captures going online regardless, as with Gundam 00 and Code Geass.
boogiecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
leongsh wrote:
Ooo... Nice. I subscribe to Animax Asia. Looking forward to watching it simultaneously as those in Japan.

bj_waters wrote:
So, wait, it's going to be dubbed? Like with Kurokami, but faster?

Probably. Animax Asia would occasionally broadcast only with the Japanese track if that's what it only has.

Yeah they'll likely air it only in Japanese audio with english subs,seems like they've got idea from Arts Central's anime block..
letniinside

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:33 am Reply with quote
kokuryu wrote:
Hopefully Crunchyroll will pick this one up and show this too.

are you high on drugs & alcohol?

Crunchyroll sucks & other paying streaming sites. Why would you let crunchyroll ruin this nice looking anime!

Crunchyroll has the lowest quality ever, even they beat Funi quality for the worst.

I rather pay for DVD or Bluray, its worth my money than streaming.

I really thought this is in WORLD Premiere but only in ASIA (Singapore)? That sucks. what about Europe, Middleeast, S. america?

i dont even contradict that this will be going to be sub by those fans from countries neglected by this Greedy Money-minded Companies.

Hopefully the DVD will come out soon in April 2009, ill definitely buy those!
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:41 am Reply with quote
I'll bet. Tears to Tiara will be shown in Animax Asia in English dub done by the Odex group (now I'm hearing "Yeys" and "Boos" now).
Darker than Black and Asatte no Houkou and has been dubbed by Odex now for Animax Asia. What gives?

Heck, I even realized that having Nodame Cantabile being aired in Animax Asia first time in original Japanese audio with English subtitles is a "miracle" for them.

(Oh, and did I just heard a dubbing group from the Philippines has been commissioned by Animax to do English dubbing for them? Take Toward the Terra and Red Garden as example)
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:59 am Reply with quote
AoiHonou wrote:
Heck, I even realized that having Nodame Cantabile being aired in Animax Asia first time in original Japanese audio with English subtitles is a "miracle" for them.

I remember Ultramaniac being aired subtitled first back in 2004/2005. Of course back then the schedule was about half-dubbed (kids' shows), half-subtitled (teen and adult shows). Don't think they ever showed Zeta Gundam and Gundam Double Zeta dubbed.

Quote:
(Oh, and did I just heard a dubbing group from the Philippines has been commissioned by Animax to do English dubbing for them? Take Toward the Terra and Red Garden as example)

Yeah, I recognized some of the voices: Charmaine Cordoviz, Michiko Azarcon, Dada Carlos.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quote
boogiecat wrote:

Yeah they'll likely air it only in Japanese audio with english subs,seems like they've got idea from Arts Central's anime block..

Seriously? Man, I'd be happy if they did that for once. I'm tired of Animax's "lol crappy dub tiem with no english subtitles option" tendencies. Half the time I tune in I just listen to the Japanese audio regardless of the fact that I can't understand it.

At least Singapore has okto. Azumanga Daioh, D. Gray Man, Code Geass, Toradora, and 00, all with subtitles. Animax could learn a thing or two from that lineup.
boogiecat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 am Reply with quote
AoiHonou wrote:
I'll bet. Tears to Tiara will be shown in Animax Asia in English dub done by the Odex group (now I'm hearing "Yeys" and "Boos" now).
Darker than Black and Asatte no Houkou and has been dubbed by Odex now for Animax Asia. What gives?

Bah..

Last edited by boogiecat on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 am; edited 3 times in total
AoiHonou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I remember Ultramaniac being aired subtitled first back in 2004/2005. Of course back then the schedule was about half-dubbed (kids' shows), half-subtitled (teen and adult shows). Don't think they ever showed Zeta Gundam and Gundam Double Zeta dubbed.

Ah...the "golden days" of Animax. How I missed those times - GTO, GITS: SAC, and others aired first time in original Japanese audio and Take Note: Uncut and Uncensored.

How I wish they get it back and stop sticking to their "we don't care if you can't get digital signal in your cable provider". Heck, can they just try what US is doing now, allowing more time for conversion of their analog to digital televisions in some states.

Quote:
Actually Odex is not involved in dubbing animes in english on Animax,its Omni Productions and Red Angel Media of HK...They're not great to honest..

Tiara To Tears will most likely be subbed....BTW the Philippine dubbing team led by Charmaine Cordoviz won't be involved on this one for sure,trust me!!

I dunno much about the groups. I think they just collaborated now since most of the old voices we heard is now disappearing in their lineups.

I stopped watching Animax already since last year, and I just got back when Nodame Cantabile was aired subbed since I'm amused with it even I've already watched it before. In addition, that airing of original Japanese audio doesn't require the digital box or device attached to TV.
-----

Going back to the topic, I bet Sony Entertainment dished out a lot of money to get Animax Japan the go-signal to simulcast one of their never-seen anime titles. And to think that their first title is based on eroge from Leaf/ Aquaplus.

Looks like Animax is reviving the hype for 1st quarter of 2009. First is LaMB in March, and then Tears to Tiara for April.
Sumit.S

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:45 am Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

Tears to Tiara is going to premiere in Japan and on Animax Southeast & South Asia which includes 17 countries simultaneously with Original Japanese audio and regional & English subtitles.

Regards
Anime Fan
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2