• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Prison Skills et al.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:56 pm Reply with quote
What Anime Powers Would Help Me Most In Prison?

I have 265 days left to serve on a twenty year sentence. It has been a long and often difficult journey but as it starts winding down I find myself wondering what Anime powers could have served me best to do all this time with?

I have to complete this sentence, that is the punishment and I'm not looking for something to shortcut that requirement so no flying away on Goku's nimbus or anything like that. I am looking for things that would have helped to pass the time or make the mundane daily existence in here a little more lively.

I started playing Ultimate Frisbee a couple years ago and think Luffy's Devil Fruit powers would have definitely saved some wear and tear on my knees. Added bonus there would be the ability to get the Frisbee out of the fence every time it gets stuck in the razor wire (happens a lot actually).

I'm not a violent felon so I really wouldn't have been interested in martial art skills or crazy strength, though I wouldn't be opposed to walking out of here with Ichigo Kurosaki's abs.

Having the knowledge of Senku from Dr. Stone would come in handy for sure. Prisoners are extremely creative and we have plenty of time to invent stuff. Having taken up water color painting recently I think it would be cool to figure out what natural pigments exist in the random yard debris that blows around.

I also taught myself how to play the bass in here and have been doing so for over 15 years now. The only think that comes to mind that might have helped with that is maybe Sasuke's Shiringan, that could possibly be used to learn some nice riffs from just watching them played on TV. Oh wait thinking about Naruto now and being able to converse with my inner tailed beast, I could pass some time in there.

What do you think, should you find yourself in a similar situation, what Anime characters powers, psyche, constitution, appearance or just general vibe would you want to bring in here with you?

[EDIT: Moved the thread to the appropriate forum and gave it a slightly catchier title. -TK]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I'd ever end up in prison. But I'm also honorable enough that if I did go, for whatever reason, I'd serve my sentence, 'cause it's the right thing to do.

That being said, I'd probably have a lot of free time. Although with it being prison, I'd obviously have limited access to things. And after seeing Shawshank Redemption, not too long ago, I think knowledge would be a great trait to have.

But I think what would be even better to ensure survival and keep things from getting to crazy would be some kind of psychic power. I'm thinkin' a mix of telepathy to know everything and everyone before it happens, then telekinesis to help maintain order if things get physical. Other than, I'd probably have super-strength and indestructibility like Saitama from One Punch Man.

Go figure, the two abilities I'd want are from the same author.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:55 am Reply with quote
There's only one anime power I'm interested in and it would do me absolutely ZERO good in prison. I would love the "harem attracting power" where you can be a completely bland personality, ordinary looking guy and yet, like, 10 different hot chicks wanna have 14 million of your babies for some mysterious reason...
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:29 am Reply with quote
Something like a psychic barrier. The ability to keep others at arms length. Other than that all I can think of is the ability to tap into unrestricted internet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1