• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone wanna bet...?(Upotte!)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm Reply with quote
That, in light of recent events, any home video release for it will be indefinitely delayed now?
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
What "recent events" are you referring to?
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
No idea. It'd need to be licensed first before it can be delayed. It still has a release date of August 31st for Japan anyway.

Sentai Filmworks licensed it couple of months back. Its about girls who are actually guns. I dont think this Batman shooting will have an effect to the point of shows like this not being released.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Yes the shooting is tragic, but no one needs to lose their heads and overreact to what's become a monthly occurrence in the States. That's the worst part. I'll bet nothing happens to release, and if anything does, shame on Sentai for letting an imagined fear of response influence their decisions. By the time it's released here, everyone will have forgotten about this shooting anyway. I'm not trying to be callous, but that's what happened every single time except for Columbine, and that shooting is just used as reference point these days. It's just not surprisingly when senseless acts of violence break out here, but condemning and censoring isn't going to changed the minds of the deranged.

Prayers are with those who were affected, but life and entertainment go on.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 pm Reply with quote
This is in really bad taste GATSU.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Gotta agree. Something horrible like this happens and this is what is uppermost in your mind? Bizarre.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote
I did try to acknowledge the event as tragic. What else am I supposed to say?
Key

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:31 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Yes the shooting is tragic, but no one needs to lose their heads and overreact to what's become a monthly occurrence in the States.

Something of this magnitude - 12 dead and 58 injured (11 critically) is a monthly event? Not in the U.S. it isn't, and not worldwide, either, if you eliminate terrorist and insurgent activities.

Anyway, this is a purely speculative thread, and we don't allow those, so I'm locking this based on that basis if nothing else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1