• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
TV Tokyo vs TV Tokyo Music

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Case

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 2:56 am Reply with quote
In the opening credits of Anime Works' Zenki DVDs, there is a credit that says In Cooperation With: TV Tokyo Music

When I try to enter this into the Encyclopedia, it changes it to In Cooperation With: TV Tokyo

Is this desired operation? Are TV Tokyo and TV Tokyo Music really one and the same?

Besides possibly being a whole different company, it sounds pretty redundant to say Production: TV Tokyo, In Cooperation With: TV Tokyo

Just thought I'd ask. Confused
Case

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:08 pm Reply with quote
While piddling around on Google, I found the following two websites which identify TV Tokyo and TV Tokyo Music by two totally different names:

http://www.immedia.com.au/apmid/japan/j-pub.html
TV TOKYO MUSIC CO, LTD
4-3-12 Toranomon
Minato-ku, Tokyo 105
Japan
Phone: (813) 3432 1260
Fax: (813) 3432 7672

http://www.jinjapan.org/jd/org/004011059.html
Television Tokyo Channel 12, Ltd.
Kabushikigaisha, Televi Tokyo
CATEGORY Media/Publishing:Broadcast Stations:TV stations (terrestrial)
TYPE Private company
ADDRESS 4-3-12 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-8012
PHONE +81-3-3432-1212
FAX +81-3-3432-0814
E-MAIL [email protected]
HOMEPAGE http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/ (Japanese only)

They have the same address but the company name is totally different, and that's all that really matters isn't it?

If that's the case, you'll need to disable whatever filter is making TV Tokyo Music default to TV Tokyo *ahem*
Rolling Eyes
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:41 am Reply with quote
sailormech wrote:
They have the same address but the company name is totally different, and that's all that really matters isn't it?

If that's the case, you'll need to disable whatever filter is making TV Tokyo Music default to TV Tokyo *ahem*
Rolling Eyes

Yep, I was thinking along the same lines anyways. Just because TV Tokyo Music is a subdivision/subdepartment/whatever of TV Tokyo doesn't mean they should be merged. So I've "un-merged" them. BUT... in the merge process, whatever information was entered as "TV Tokyo Music" was changed to "TV Tokyo", and it can't be undone. From looking at [url=/encyclopedia/company.php?id=262]TV Tokyo[/url], I see the following anime/tasks that look suspect and may previously have been attributed to TV Tokyo Music:

AD Police (TV) : Music Production Assistance
Lost Universe (TV) : Music Supervision
Silent Mobius (TV) : Music Cooperation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1