• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
His and Her Circumstances (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamiboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn that I hadn't seen any replies in it for at least 3 weeks but I guess I was wrong.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:06 pm Reply with quote
kamiboy wrote:
Were the last three responses deleted because they were off topic or too long?

At least give us a warning when you delete posts.

I only made it long and satirically absurd because this was a relatively old thread before White revived it and I thought it would go back to being dead after me and White were done with it. It was funny though, at least by my standards.

They probably weren't deleted by admins, but by a server "burp". See this thread.

I might conjecture that the server had had its fill of pointless satire.... and faced with the choice between regurgitation or death, it chose the path of least resistance. Wink

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kamiboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:25 pm Reply with quote
No matter, I still have the first (the long one) of the three posts that warped into oblivion. But since this thread isn't dead, like I thought, and it was OT I'll just repost it in the Chronicles of OTAKU thread (AKA Story Thread :: JUST FOR FUN) as a bonus side story. Which reminds me, I have to start writing the last two instalments of that story.
rond556

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I just finished episode 24, and at the end of the first chapter (the real end of the episode...I skip the recaps) I was thinking that it coould easily have been the end of the show and I would have been totally satisfied until I could get my hands on the manga. I also know that the last two episodes are rather looked down upon should we say...are they really worth watching? I don't want to ruin my perspective on what I believe could have been the end of the show by watching something else end it...kinda like the last 32 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin...or being completely satisfied with The Matrix, then having to sit through The Matrix R&R and wishing you had never seen it

That being said, it has quickly climbed to a top 5 favorite series of mine and Yukino has also become my second favorite anime heroine (outside of the eternal 1st place holder Osaka)
WaR.KiN

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:52 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[
Episode 25 is a filler episode about Yukino's two sisters. There's nothing wrong with it except it's got nothing to do with the main story or the main characters. The last one sort of wraps up the Tonami Arc. It could have been better but the episode is conveyed rather strangely. It could have been a decent end to the show if they had done it differently. It worked more like a summary episode and didn't have the magic touch found in earlier episodes. You should decide if you want to finish it.]
Grico

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote
yeah you should watch them, its not like they are terrible or anything. The final episode does kinda tie some stuff together so it is worth watching. The 2nd to last episode is fun if not overally main plot relevant.
msi435

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:14 pm Reply with quote
I was so dissapointed with the end of Kare Kano that almost I bought a gun and killed many many people.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
freshkazuki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry about the ending because it doesn't really have one. The last episode is really just like a "..."

So it won't be ruined. It kinda leaves everything up in the air. Actually, I had heard that originally there was going to be a second season, but the anime and manga creator got into disputes about the direction it would take. Who knows? Maybe in the future things will work out. I doubt it would be as good as the original series though.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
I, for one, wanted to throw things at the screen after those three hiragana for "tsuzuku" came up, but I had heard things about it to cushion the blow. Love Hina was also supposed to have a second season; Episode 25, on the Christmas Special Disc, was to have been its first episode. For Love Hina, and for Kare Kano as well, the best solution for us may be to get the manga, although Love Hina presents a far greater percentage of the manga before it ends.
rond556

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:20 pm Reply with quote
aight, I'll watch them then...thanks. I need to read the graphic novels though because I absolutely love the series
dgreater1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:29 pm Reply with quote
It's like this...

You're reading some great book:

Once upon a time there is a story that touch everyone's heart, as the story gets intense in every page...

to be continued in the next TV series

Rolling Eyes

It's one of those things that will leave you wondering "What's going to happen next?"
sayo- san

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Kare Kano is a very nice anime series. It has made me laugh, and at times make me want to punch someone because something shocking happend. If you have seen Kare Kano, please feel free to post a reply about it. All comments, either positive or negative, are welcomed. if they are negative, please have back up reasons why. Saying "because" is not a reason. I don't mind anything that is said about the show, and I am looking foward to all of the comments posted.
bebexsweetnezz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I LOVE THIS TOO! I'm hoping to get the boxed set soon. I just need to calm down on spending so much money on anime/manga, but it's so addicting. Anyway, although the anime was created while Masami Tsuda was still in the middle of writing the series, Kare Kano could have had a better ending like Fruits Basket. How sad such a wonderful anime ending so sudden and BAD as it did. (I heard it was because of some conflict with the manga author and the anime board.) Yet, overall, it followed the manga and I think it had the same essence as it too. Nice down-to-earth show. Cute songs, by the way.
Guilhem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:38 am Reply with quote
I'm currently watching it (21 eps so far...) and I've to admit it is very good: I'm not a shoujo fan usually but this one really hooked me in

What I like is how well it mixes sentiments and humour as well as a very innovative, and funny, directing. The majority of the characters are orignal and beyond the usual teen-ager clichés too, showing wounds from childhood and other deep 'traumas' instead of the usual -and fastly boring- 'no one understands me, it's so unfair! Bouhouhou...' coming from angsty teens

The basic plot is unusual and I thought it reflects well the state of education in Japan where students are encouraged to provide always better results at the detriment of their personnal feelings or, worse, their personnal relationships with each other spoiler[like it happens into the show between the main protagonists]

There's a lot of poetry too: I particularly appreciated how it is depicted when Miyazawa and Arima spoiler[make love for the first time]. It was smart and full of sensibility in the same time without falling into affected.

And the music's great too: I have the ending in my mind since several days and I can't get tired of it

Really a good show: watch it! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zaphdash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
bebexsweetnezz wrote:
Anyway, although the anime was created while Masami Tsuda was still in the middle of writing the series, Kare Kano could have had a better ending like Fruits Basket. How sad such a wonderful anime ending so sudden and BAD as it did. (I heard it was because of some conflict with the manga author and the anime board.)

Basically the author felt that the anime emphasized comedy too much at the expense of romance and pulled the plug on it. It's a shame, since I really loved the anime and it could have continued on for a while. I've never read the manga, but I hear Arima starts to get creepy obsessed later on. Dunno if that's true or not, but it definitely sounds not as fun as the anime was.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7