• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
About the pictures in the anime encyclopedia

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digisouth14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:20 pm Reply with quote
In the "Anime" section under "Encyclopedia", where you find info about the anime you want, which are listed in alphabetical order, there will mostly be a picture there,a visual of the anime. I liked one of them and saved it to my computer but windows couldn't open it and directed me to a webstite which could help. It wasn't any use though, as the file extension "90 File" is not in their database. Does anyone know how to open the file? Perhaps why the pictures are the way they are? Thanks, all help is much appreciated.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:37 am Reply with quote
All those pictures are in standard .jpg format. The reason you have those files saved as ".90" file because their filenames are in the format of ANNNN-NN.thumbnail.90.jpg (N is the ID of anime title and N is the item suffix), and if you don't show files' extension in Windows you'll save files mistakenly due to the ".90" in front of .jpg.

To show file extensions (recommended), go to Control Panel Arrow Folder Options Arrow View Arrow Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" box.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1