• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lagrange Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:30 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
Sad that greats like Bosch, Vic, Wendee and Sam are involved with this stain on anime.

Care to expand upon that opinion? Even if you're not into mecha or implied yuri relationships, what's so offensive here, the writing? It's not a booby show and it's not overtly misogynistic to any quantifiable degree. I can understand thinking it's boring or average, but it's not in the same category as something like Hagure Yuusha or Dakara Boku. I can't see where you're coming from on this.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
kanechin wrote:
Sad that greats like Bosch, Vic, Wendee and Sam are involved with this stain on anime.

Care to expand upon that opinion? Even if you're not into mecha or implied yuri relationships, what's so offensive here, the writing? It's not a booby show and it's not overtly misogynistic to any quantifiable degree. I can understand thinking it's boring or average, but it's not in the same category as something like Hagure Yuusha or Dakara Boku. I can't see where you're coming from on this.
im guessing its not there cup of tea. but to call it a stain dose seem a bit hard core.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Seems like a strong cast list, mixed with a good amount of newcomers and veterans. The only odd one is Keith Silverstein as Villagiulio, as he has a deep, gruff voice and Silverstein's normally smooth, somewhat raspy. The deepest I've heard him was in the Soul Calibur series as Zasalamel, and even that doesn't seem suitable a voice for Villagiulio in both tone and style. Guess we'll see…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
redranger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what it is about Karen Strassman's voice.... but I do love listening to it.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:08 pm Reply with quote
I tried watching this show before on Hulu, except the version I saw wasn't subbed for some reason. It looks like something I'd watch with great visual pacing and the fact it's being dubbed is fairly intriguing.

Only problem:
Number of Viz DVDs I own: 0.
Number of anime DVD titles I own: 250+.

The idea that Viz could be releasing a kind of show I'd want is strange. There's a catch here somewhere...
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:00 am Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
Rolling Eyes nice to see a dub. but hey viz were can i get a blu-ray or DVD? some of us like to own our anime!!! or is that out of date.

I'm looking forward to those announcements too! Smile As I'm probably going to subscribe atleast for a bit but more importantly I'm planning on buying both this and Blue Exorcist (now that it should hopefully eventually receive a real dual-audio release) and actually probably Nura too if/when they announce a physical release of these.

Glad to see some of my favorites in here.

Awesome to see a bit of new stuff from Wendee Lee, it feels like a while outside of some Yoruichi and ofcourse reruns of Bebop and Big O Smile

Totally agree redranger, glad Strassman's in this. Smile

The show was basically just a bit of action, lots of fanservice and a fun dub and little else but I remember liking Kira Buckland's Eri in Aika R-16, now I want to break out my copies of Moribito and Tweeny Witches to remember what she sounds like in those minor roles too.
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote
I only know Kira Buckland as Twilight Sparkle in the PONY.MOV series... and that alone makes me very excited to see her in a lead anime role. Cool
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
DangerMouse wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
Rolling Eyes nice to see a dub. but hey viz were can i get a blu-ray or DVD? some of us like to own our anime!!! or is that out of date.

I'm looking forward to those announcements too! Smile As I'm probably going to subscribe atleast for a bit but more importantly I'm planning on buying both this and Blue Exorcist (now that it should hopefully eventually receive a real dual-audio release) and actually probably Nura too if/when they announce a physical release of these.

Awesome to see a bit of new stuff from Wendee Lee, it feels like a while outside of some Yoruichi and ofcourse reruns of Bebop and Big O Smile

The show was basically just a bit of action, lots of fanservice and a fun dub and little else but I remember liking Kira Buckland's Eri in Aika R-16, now I want to break out my copies of Moribito and Tweeny Witches to remember what she sounds like in those minor roles too.
heh im in the same boat. been waiting for the Blue Exorcist. and Nura DVDs or blu-rays. ill take em anyway i can just don't like watching anime. on stream sites or some streaming device that wants a fee not when i can just own it {probably the reason i started importing accel world blu-rays} as i don't trust VIZ to put them out anytime soon or at all. since VIZ seems to think all fans want is streams:roll:
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
hojo 360 wrote:
DangerMouse wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:

heh im in the same boat. been waiting for the Blue Exorcist. and Nura DVDs or blu-rays. ill take em anyway i can just don't like watching anime. on stream sites or some streaming device that wants a fee not when i can just own it {probably the reason i started importing accel world blu-rays} as i don't trust VIZ to put them out anytime soon or at all. since VIZ seems to think all fans want is streams:roll:

I totally agree, by FAR I'd rather own stuff too and the few times I've even thought about paying for streaming like this Viz thing since Viz's so remarkably inconsistent with their releases outside of Bleach/Naruto (case in point those Monster dvds I want more of) like you said, every time I've even thought about it all I think about is how many different ones there are and which I should pick and then I just give up and don't bother as I'd rather just own the shows anyway.
Max465

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:34 am Reply with quote
...Wait...Back Up...

Kira Buckland as the lead role???

Oh Hell Yes...I don't care what this show is about. I'll give it a shot just for that.

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY RINA-CHAN!!

*I'm going to go away and stop being a fanboy now*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2