• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Public Libraries and Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Games Elite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:09 pm Reply with quote
My library is great with young adult stuff in general, and they feel that manga, regardless of the target demographic, fits under "young adult." Either that, or the librarians--many of whom I know read manga--manage to convince their bosses that stuff like Berserk and Uzumaki should be placed on the same shelf as Naruto and Pokemon Adventures.

In general, we have a great system. All the obvious selections, like Naruto, Bleach, DBZ, Fruits Basket, Ouran Host Club etc are all there, plus a lot of series you wouldn't expect. I wasn't aware there was a Ring manga series until I saw it, and it ended up being pretty good.

There are a few odd ones, though. The only two CLAMP mangas are Wish and Suki, but not Chobits, X, Magic Knight Rayearth, or Cardcaptor Sakura. They also have XXXHolic, but not Tsubasa...but, beyond that, it's kind of awesome.

...I used to live there in high school and middle school...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2