• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Banners aligned incorrectly

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:40 am Reply with quote
Dunno if it's just my browser settings, or what, but a couple of the ad banners (Fruits Basket, Flintstones collection) are aligned left and cover the face of the snow!Mascot. All the other banners are fine, aligned center above the white content area.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:50 am Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
Dunno if it's just my browser settings, or what, but a couple of the ad banners (Fruits Basket, Flintstones collection) are aligned left and cover the face of the snow!Mascot. All the other banners are fine, aligned center above the white content area.

All the flash banners were doing that when your screen was set to too low of a resolution for them to fit where they belong.

I've fixed it now though.

Buy a bigger monitor :-p
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote
It still does that, when you decrease the size of the window, the ad on the right encroaches on the angled area until when the window is small enough, the angled area is completely covered up.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
radicaledward

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I have a similar problem when I veiw the site using Firefox 1.0 - I've attached a screen shot so that you can see what I am talking about.

http://venus.walagata.com/w/radicaledwardvii/example.jpg
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 2:25 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
Actually, I have a similar problem when I veiw the site using Firefox 1.0 - I've attached a screen shot so that you can see what I am talking about.

http://venus.walagata.com/w/radicaledwardvii/example.jpg

What's your resolution? I have mine set at 1024x768 @ 32-bit color and I have no problem viewing ANN with Firefox 1.0.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 5:31 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
What's your resolution?

That picture's resolution is 1024 x 768. Cool

Could it be the problem of Adblock? The flash-based banner at the upper right didn't show up on your screen. Without that, the original background (Jadress) kicks in, resulting such misalignment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1