• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rumiko Takahashi's Rinne to Run in Sync in U.S., Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
arxane, you'll want to fix your quoting, because I didn't say that. Paploo did.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:19 pm Reply with quote
They shoulda called it Rinne, or Rinné if they don't want people pronouncing it wrong. Better yet, why didn't they call it Rinné of the Boundary (that's what the title apparently translates to)?

[In japanese, an extra n consonant added in front of a n-syllable usually means it lengthens the pronounciation, which means it's pronounced "Rin ne", rather then Renee or Rine [like Wine]. This isn't fandom blathering ["I watch lots of anime so I know japanese!"], but actual experience from Japanese Class at a university talking. It might look odd, but it means fans are more likely to pronounce it right when reading it out loud, which is a plus.]

I actually am studying Japanese, not just from anime. And the double letter thing extending the length only works for vowels. Shouldn't Rinne be pronounced "ree-uhn-neh"? Don't take my word for it. Even if it is what you say, Rin Ne

[and for the people who think they shouldn't have shortened the title to just Rin-ne remember that the full title of Inuyasha is Sengoku o Togi Zoushi Inuyasha. it isn't a big deal thy do it all the time. the Japanese will probably call it Rin-ne as well.]

Um, the full title of Inuyasha here is Inuyasha, A Feudal Fairy Tale. That is, it's an almost literal translation of the original title.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
I imagine they'll keep putting out InuYasha as usual, though I hope if this is a hit, it spurs them to release it a bit quicker, and maybe go back and do a new edition of Urusei Yatsura. The VIZBIG edition of InuYasha [which makes sense to do despite it still having volumes left -it's a long, long series, and it's probably better to issue this then reprint older volumes] is coming out soon, so I'm curious if we'll see a new edition of Ranma like that as well.

It's a wave Rumiko all over again Smile
When did a VIZBIG version of InuYasha was mentioned to be published? o.O I know that there are VIZBIG versions of Hot Gimmick, Fushigi Yugi, and Dragonball Z, but I have yet to hear/read anything about one for InuYasha.

It'll be awesome to have a VIZBIG version of the series though; be a lot easier and cheaper to collect, and probably save more space on already cramped shelves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2