• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2009-05-06

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I like the "there are fewer nerdy girls than nerdy guys so they can be more selective" line of thought here. Very Darwinian. I can already envision a whole elaborate joke about "Nerd Mating Rituals" or "Nerds in their Native Habitat", or so on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
She has a boyfriend. I know it!
Warrick

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 3:43 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
it gets pretty old being told over and over again that we're some rare mythical creature.

Let me see if I get this straight. A person who draws a comic strip about an elf and whose avatar and screen name come from another elf is complaining about being referred to as a rare mythical creature.

Next episode: Another stable and attractive female anime fan takes an interest in Kevin. His indecision over which one to choose eventually drives them both away.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:43 am Reply with quote
Warrick wrote:

Next episode: Another stable and attractive female anime fan takes an interest in Kevin. His indecision over which one to choose eventually drives them both away.
Or not, then Keven brings them both home to meet Nina and Paola, who then realise they too have feelings for Keven. Later we see Megan has a 9 year old sister, who also has feeling of affection toward him. Keven now feels like the luckiest, or unluckiest man on this planet.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:20 am Reply with quote
Don't forget Paola's boss. Paola must hold some sort of low-level job which allows her to spend time to work on her artistry. Anyway, said boss hires Kevin and naturally has the hots for him. And of course there's Nina's mother, who is (of course) royalty and has (of course) taken an unhealthy interest in him. Lastly, the new girl Kevin meets has a friend from an exotic foreign country (I don't know, say Costa Rica), who is attractive and tanned and extroverted, but isn't into Kevin so much as there just to fill the role of "gorgeous foreign exchange student eyecandy".

Far-fetched? If only. If only.

... ... ...

If only.
irishninja

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
IrishNinja: Its understandable that Kevin is nervous. In fact, I've never heard of a female fan actually watching Gundam. Let alone enjoying the show. I'd be okay with a little nervousness if the person was genuinely kind and polite.

Well then, I sit corrected. Smile

I totally feel for Kevin, as I remember my first ever date kinda went like that, but I don't recall the girl being quite that forgiving. LOL Laughing
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Warrick wrote:
Let me see if I get this straight. A person who draws a comic strip about an elf and whose avatar and screen name come from another elf is complaining about being referred to as a rare mythical creature.

LOL! Touche, good sir! Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
gaius

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Warrick wrote:

Or not, then Keven brings them both home to meet Nina and Paola, who then realise they too have feelings for Keven. Later we see Megan has a 9 year old sister, who also has feeling of affection toward him. Keven now feels like the luckiest, or unluckiest man on this planet.

A little adjustment to the above:

Megan's 9 year old sister hates Kevin at first because she has an Onee-san complex. But, Kevin rescues her from some fiendish foe. She lets go of her complex and develops feelings for Kevin.

Le sigh...
commsky

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 12:52 am Reply with quote
These things always make me lulz
The_Naolin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quote
Hm...she likes Mai HiME... Roysh, she's obviously gay for Shizuru. (which would actually sort of be a shame, since Kevin needs a break)
sashaisme

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:24 pm Reply with quote
I want permission to make Kevin's "Hooooooo..." face into an avatar! Heh SD
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:16 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Warrick wrote:

Wow, that sounds like a mix of Shuffle and Ranma 1/2. If it did come to that though, then it probably would make laugh none the less though.

Harems are often predictable, but occasionally are hilarious. Especially if its completely odd.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:18 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
Warrick wrote:

Wow, that sounds like a mix of Shuffle and Ranma 1/2. If it did come to that though, then it probably would make laugh none the less though.

Harems are often predictable, but occasionally are hilarious. Especially if its completely odd.
Which was the reason I was trying to make it read like "Tenchi Muyo". Oh well.
hime rules

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
i didn't think it would end up this well
but thats why i dont write the comics i just read them
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8