• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Blood: The Last Vampire's 2nd U.S. Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:30 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
That is kind of tame for an R-rated movie, but maybe Giana Jun didn't want horny guys posting upskirt shots of her on the Internets. Personally, though, considering that certain contemporary manga have some girls wearing skirts and pants, I guess it's not a big deal. As for myself, I imagine that shorts might be more comfy for fights than underwear which rides up your ass all the time.
\

It's not a big deal...some fighters wear shorts, you know. Think Sakura from Street Fighter.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Plus the fact that it makes more sense, since fighters themselves aren't out to pander to horny fans, and since this movie doesn't really look like it's just for horny otaku there is no point. It's an R for violence not sex.

Oh and I'm kind of disappointed at her friend. They should have found a way to fit Hagi in there.
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Plus the fact that it makes more sense, since fighters themselves aren't out to pander to horny fans, and since this movie doesn't really look like it's just for horny otaku there is no point. It's an R for violence not sex.

Oh and I'm kind of disappointed at her friend. They should have found a way to fit Hagi in there.

lol I was also hoping they'd somehow put Hagi in the movie!
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Haji wasn't in the original Blood series, was he?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
tygerchickchibi wrote:

Let's straighten this out. Haji was not in the original Blood the Last Vampire anime movie. He came up in Blood+. This movie is based off of the Blood the Last Vampire movie. Somebody feel free to correct me if they think that I am wrong.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:25 am Reply with quote
You Blood+ fans are asking where the Blood+ characters are. Laughing

Blood+ is the series that the TV fans (anime generation) around here can easily get confused by,all the time it seems.Last Vampire and Blood+ are two very different series.

In Last Vampire (Movie),Saya is a badass.She is a powerful woman who can fend for herself,easily.

In Blood+(Series),Saya is an amnesiac,emo,soap opera slug that is the complete opposite of badass.She also depends on support characters.She's so Moe. Rolling Eyes Blar.

Seriously,Production I.G. made this great character in the movie just to turn around and drag the character down with cliche's and NPC's. I'm glad they stuck to the Last Vampire story,it makes for a better movie.

spoiler[Unless....you....like....blood...plus's....extra....drawn....out...twenty....six....episodes....too....many?
Then enjoy.That's my Impression of the dub.]
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:12 am Reply with quote
Hey! An anime adaptation with actual effort and an asian cast! Take note FOX!

Trailer looks nice, I'd definately try and check it out! Although Saya in the original Blood OVA didn't talk too often, she was silent and deadly and didn't take kindly to anyone taking the Lord's name in vain. Over here she's seems more talky, and doesn't look angry enough... and that's my only complaint. Well also the WireFU looks kinda odd, but whatever...

And like the Blood+ people I would've like Saya's hair short... but that's only because I have a thing for girls with short hair Razz
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:02 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
tygerchickchibi wrote:

Let's straighten this out. Haji was not in the original Blood the Last Vampire anime movie. He came up in Blood+. This movie is based off of the Blood the Last Vampire movie. Somebody feel free to correct me if they think that I am wrong.

I meant to say "manga," when I asked about the series, actually. I know he wasn't in the movie because I own it.

^__^;;; That's what I'm trying to figure out if anyone hasn't read the manga already. I didn't know they had the BLV manga, when I know that Blood+ does.
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
The manga takes place 20 or so years after Blood+ Its ok but the story is bland and kind of boring. The anime movie i though was about as good as what the manga was. It was interesting and different but did not think the story was all that good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I actually prefer the series to the movie, but that's just my opinion. I would buy the series if I wasn't disgusted by the over priced and untimely way Sony released it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3