• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Anime's Full Trailer Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsticky005

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
There's a vast difference between expecting movie quality and expecting decent TV anime quality, and this ain't close to even that.

Yeah, I was REALLY jonesing for this series because of the bevy of visually interesting things they can do with the material and it just looks... Sad

Son I am disappoint. I may watch the first two episodes or so, but I can tell just by the trailer that this is not the wacky and daring adaptation I hoped it would be. I'll give it a *chance,* but if it turns out how this trailer looks, I get the feeling I'm just gonna do the same thing I did with HunterxHunter and tack the word "Brotherhood" onto this reboot to distinguish it. ^^;

"Oh, you're watching FMA? The weird, awesome, old 2003 series, or the bland-ass FMA Brotherhood?"

"Oh, you're watching HunterxHunter? Which series, the old unfinished one, or the formulaic, uninspired HunterxHunter Brotherhood?"

"Oh, you're watching JoJo's? Like, the crazy, awesome, OVAs that don't really make sense on their own, or the blah-looking cash-in Jojo's Bizarre Brotherhood?"

It's just a really convenient descriptor for that artistically barren remake feel...thanks, FMA 2!

Haven't seen either FMA so I can't comment there.

As for Hunter x Hunter I don't see how
the new series is "formulaic" or "uninspired."

As for JoJo. The old OVA was crap. It didn't follow the manga very well
and as you said yourself "it don't really make sense on their own".
So who's the old OVA for? If anything the old OVA was the cash-in
not the new series. The old series skipped straight to Part 3.
Why? Because it was popular. The new series is starting from
Part 1 even though it's not as well known and not as "action-packed" as the subsequent parts.The old series did ONLY part 3
while there's a good chance the new series may actually animate
ALL of JoJo (which is quite a task considering the length.)
And blah looking? I most respectfully disagree.

But whatever. You can go on with your "remakes are artistically void" rant. Meanwhile I got some newly animated anime to watch. Smile
opn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
mrsticky005 wrote:
But whatever. You can go on with your "remakes are artistically void" rant. Meanwhile I got some newly animated anime to watch. Smile

But she didn't say anything remotely like, "all remakes are artistically void." The statement was specific, not a generalization.

It's generally considered impolite to jam people into your own narratives so that it's easier to dismiss them and pat yourself on the back for doing so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
noigeL

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I find cell animation does a better job representing the manga's aesthetic than digital (so I had the same problem with the first 7 episodes of the JoJo OVAs). Also, Rangeless Koyasu as Dio? Ehhhhhh...
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:16 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
The animation looked stitlted and sluggish, and it looked to be lacking in general detail overall. Maybe it's the quality of the preview, but it'll be more apparent when the episode comes out. It looks like it's budget for more episodes than two cours, like your typical long-running shounen action.

What do you want? Production IG quality? The animation is fine! Get over yourself!
noigeL wrote:
I find cell animation does a better job representing the manga's aesthetic than digital (so I had the same problem with the first 7 episodes of the JoJo OVAs). Also, Rangeless Koyasu as Dio? Ehhhhhh..."

Empty argument. Cell animation is not coming back and never will. To complain about it is just crying over spilled milk. Also, Koyasu sounded pretty good from what I've heard in the preview, especially the part where he [as Dio] told Jonathan that he wanted to be "number one!" That's hardly what I call rangeless. Maybe you need to watch the trailer again, bucko.

October 6, here we come! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4